Does anyone know how long from 457 to P.R.

Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:20 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all
Default Does anyone know how long from 457 to P.R.

Hi all,

My friend applied in March 08 for P.R from a 457 visa, and he was hoping to find out how long it takes (roughly).

Any help would be much appreciated as he is not a member and asked me to post this on behalf of him.

Thanks guys!

KatieX
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know how long from 457 to P.R.

I'd be interested in this reply too, my brother's looking into at the moment having been over here on WHV x2.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:34 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshoz
Hi all,

My friend applied in March 08 for P.R from a 457 visa, and he was hoping to find out how long it takes (roughly).

Any help would be much appreciated as he is not a member and asked me to post this on behalf of him.

Thanks guys!

KatieX
I think it makes no difference what you are on, when you apply for the new visa, everyone is treated the same way. The country of origin will be a majour factor in processing time, because variety of checks depends on that. Then, you did not mention what kind of PR your firend applied for - you can check the beupdate.co.uk for same visa numbers.

NJ
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

wiljas is an unknown quantity at this point

Took us 4 months to the day from lodging. (Melbourne).

Dave
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by wiljas
Took us 4 months to the day from lodging. (Melbourne).

Dave
Hi Dave,

Which visa did you apply for and when? We have been here almost 3 years on a 457 and have just lodged RSMS at Melbourne office, wondering how long it will take to get the visa.

Tracy
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

wiljas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracy

Applied for an ENS 856, been over here 18 months when we applied. Lodged in March, got it in July. Over 45 too, which didn't cause any problems!

Dave