Documents met but IELTS question

Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Documents met but IELTS question

Today my document checklist indicate all document met except for medicals, also IELTS requirement for my daughter who is now 18 remains required, but at the time the application was submitted in March 2009 she was 17.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:21 am
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice
Default Re: Documents met but IELTS question

To avoid paying the Secondary Charge, your now 18 yo daughter will need to show that she has functional english.

Its a Time of Decision criteria (even though its Sch 1).

Passport from UK is sufficient, IELTS Test above 4.5 in all categories. Otherwise you will be up for a mere $3510 prior to them granting you visa.

cheers
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by CrystalBall
To avoid paying the Secondary Charge, your now 18 yo daughter will need to show that she has functional english.

Its a Time of Decision criteria (even though its Sch 1).

Passport from UK is sufficient, IELTS Test above 4.5 in all categories. Otherwise you will be up for a mere $3510 prior to them granting you visa.

cheers
thanks Crystallball,

What is Sch 1

But at the time of lodgement she was 17 yrs, and I was told DIAC consider the situation with regard to age,experience, qualification ect ect at the time of lodgement.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shafanm
thanks Crystallball,

What is Sch 1

But at the time of lodgement she was 17 yrs, and I was told DIAC consider the situation with regard to age,experience, qualification ect ect at the time of lodgement.
*You are right age is considered at the time of application.
* Online status could be change anytime
* If second installment is compulsion they will mail you by that time you can prove that she was 17 at the time of application
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
*You are right age is considered at the time of application.
* Online status could be change anytime
* If second installment is compulsion they will mail you by that time you can prove that she was 17 at the time of application
Thanks Siva

Its a great relief ,
Should I wait until they mail me for the second installment or tell the CO upfront that she wat 17 at the time of lodgement therefore IELTS is not required.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shafanm
Thanks Siva

Its a great relief ,
Should I wait until they mail me for the second installment or tell the CO upfront that she wat 17 at the time of lodgement therefore IELTS is not required.
Unless its asked you cannot assume that CO is going to make mistake. Am I right?

Even in my case he asked for PCC for my wife from Nigeria - She never travelled even I am not married that time - So I send her passport copies and explained.

So you can wait unless CO is asked for it
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Unless its asked you cannot assume that CO is going to make mistake. Am I right?

Even in my case he asked for PCC for my wife from Nigeria - She never travelled even I am not married that time - So I send her passport copies and explained.

So you can wait unless CO is asked for it
appreciate you advice, siva
thanks