Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Documentation requirement got visa 189 for self employed it contractor

Documentation requirement got visa 189 for self employed it contractor

Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Dabi_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documentation requirement got visa 189 for self employed it contractor

Hi All, could not find info in any existing thread so starting a new one.
I am an IT consultant working as a contractor for past 4 years and planning to apply for visa 189.
I have a list of documents I need to supply for ACS, could some one please suggest if I have missed anything:
1. A letter from my agency stating my contractual nature of work, contract start and end date, working hours and my client name
2. Letter from my client, stating my day to day tasks and responsibilities.
3. Letter from my accountant stating my business details like nature o business, business registration certificate with company house in Uk, VAT registration details and also stating that my accounts re handled by them and seem to be up to date.
Please suggest if I have missed something here.
Many thanks
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documentation requirement got visa 189 for self employed it contractor

Originally Posted by Dabi_2010
Hi All, could not find info in any existing thread so starting a new one.
I am an IT consultant working as a contractor for past 4 years and planning to apply for visa 189.
I have a list of documents I need to supply for ACS, could some one please suggest if I have missed anything:
1. A letter from my agency stating my contractual nature of work, contract start and end date, working hours and my client name
2. Letter from my client, stating my day to day tasks and responsibilities.
3. Letter from my accountant stating my business details like nature o business, business registration certificate with company house in Uk, VAT registration details and also stating that my accounts re handled by them and seem to be up to date.
Please suggest if I have missed something here.
Many thanks
ACS Document checklist - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...-Checklist.pdf
Old Apr 25th 2014, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Documentation requirement got visa 189 for self employed it contractor

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Thanks for the reply...
I am based in UK and now have all documentation ready for ACS upload, just one quick question.

My managers have done Statutory Declaration for the tasks i was responsible for during my employment. This Statutory Declaration is in the format valid in the UK and signed by my Manager in Solicitor's office, signed and stamped by Solicitor himself.

These are my questions:
1. Do i have to get Statutory Declration Notarised as well?
2. The document is on A4 paper in UK Statutory Declaration legal language, but it is in Black n White. Before uploading the document to ACS website, do i have to get that Certified by Solicitor 'True and certify copy' ?

Many Thanks for your help...
Old Apr 26th 2014, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply...
I am based in UK and now have all documentation ready for ACS upload, just one quick question.

My managers have done Statutory Declaration for the tasks i was responsible for during my employment. This Statutory Declaration is in the format valid in the UK and signed by my Manager in Solicitor's office, signed and stamped by Solicitor himself.

These are my questions:
1. Do i have to get Statutory Declration Notarised as well?
2. The document is on A4 paper in UK Statutory Declaration legal language, but it is in Black n White. Before uploading the document to ACS website, do i have to get that Certified by Solicitor 'True and certify copy' ?

Many Thanks for your help...
If you have not been to a solicitor then it is not a statutory declaration. Just typing it up in the format / language of a statutory declaration does not make it one. You have to go to the notary or solicitor and swear it and get their seal stamped onto it.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

This Statutory Declaration is in the format valid in the UK and signed by my Manager in Solicitor's office, signed and stamped by Solicitor himself.
The OP has said that the Stat Dec was signed and stamped by the solicitor.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
The OP has said that the Stat Dec was signed and stamped by the solicitor.
So he has. I am therefore puzzled as to why he is asking if a solicitor would need to sign a copy then, they already signed it..
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So he has. I am therefore puzzled as to why he is asking if a solicitor would need to sign a copy then, they already signed it..
Thanks for your help all...
As a desperate measure i dropped an email to ACS as well to enquire about the same and have received answers to my questions now...

1. Statutory declration in UK need not be notarised. So if you are making statutory declaration in the UK standard format and is signed by swearing, in front of a Solicitor and witnessed by authorised person, it will work.
No need to notarised statutory declrations.

2. No need to certify statutory declration as well, as statutory declration is a legal document and is signed by Solicitor.

I am posting my answers to help others...This forum has helped me a lot and i would like to return the favour by posting my experience..
Thanks