Doctors notes

Old Mar 13th 2002, 12:05 pm
Mandy Bale

Default Doctors notes

Hi there, we have our visa and we are off to start our new life in Sydney on 30th
March. I just wanted to know what to do about our new doctor in Sydney getting our
doctors notes. I phoned up my surgery here in the uk and they said that I wasn't
allowed to have my notes so I phoned up our local health authority who were a little
more helpful but said our 'notes' are property of the state and we are not allowed to
take them. They did say that I can ask the doctor to do a report for each member of
the family but will charge me for it. What has everyone else done about their doctors
notes or maybe there is someone here that knows the answer? Does the doctor in Aus
send off for the notes? I think it's rediculous that you can't even look at your own
notes but then I suppose they have to protect themselves!!

cheers, Mandy

Old Mar 13th 2002, 1:22 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctors notes

Under the Data Protection Act you can request all the notes that the Doctors have about you that are stored on computer by right. The fee for this is £10 per person. You will also need to ensure you have all the details about vaccinations for children that you are taking (if any) as the schools will require these defintely. I am in the process of checking access to our written doctors records - will post if I find anything out. I have just received the families records on computer - brief but enough for us as there are no relevant medical issues in the main to cause concern for follow ups. I am also trying to get information about my daughters hospital history, will let you know how that goes too. For the most part for relevant issues we have written letters requesting specific information for our use, everyone to date has been super with summaries and that includes some medical information as well.