Do-It-Yourself or Agent?

Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:20 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do-It-Yourself or Agent?

Hi,

I'm still in the process of getting all my paperwork together but would like some advice.

I have 115 ponts according to the calculator, and would like to apply under electrician special class. I'm 41, f with 1 son and no OH.

I've e-mailed WA gov as they offer sponsorship in this area, and I'm still getting all my paperwork together to get it assessed by TRA.

What I would like to know is "Is it worth carrying on doing it myself or would I be better off paying an agent to do visa app, etc"

And "if an agent is better who do people recommend?"
Old Sep 7th 2009, 7:55 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do-It-Yourself or Agent?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi,

I'm still in the process of getting all my paperwork together but would like some advice.

I have 115 ponts according to the calculator, and would like to apply under electrician special class. I'm 41, f with 1 son and no OH.

I've e-mailed WA gov as they offer sponsorship in this area, and I'm still getting all my paperwork together to get it assessed by TRA.

What I would like to know is "Is it worth carrying on doing it myself or would I be better off paying an agent to do visa app, etc"

And "if an agent is better who do people recommend?"
Hi and welcome.

You could post on the Electricians sections found at the bottom RHS of the page. I don't know for your case, we have used an agent but we had one issue that needed some attention and a child that was poorly that distracted our attention. The skills assessment is often the biggest hurdle and some just use an agent to make sure that get that.

Good luck,
Cooler
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:13 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do-It-Yourself or Agent?

Hi old.sparkles

Welcome to the forum.

With regard to your question above, I generally explain to people that deciding whether to use an agent is like deciding whether to use a tax agent to do your tax, or having a solicitor represent you in court.

In all three cases, you could do it yourself, or retain professional support.

In terms of retaining a migration agent, things you could consider might include the complexity of your case, your confidence in your ability to complete the forms correctly, to submit appropriate supporting documentation to the standard required by DIAC, to present and evidence your skills, quals and experience appropriately to illustrate your compliance with DIAC's requirements, to keep up with changes in Australian migration law that might affect the progress of your application, to liaise successfully with DIAC if things aren't going as well as they could and basically to troubleshoot anything that might go wrong.

I hope that helps in your decision making process.

Best regards
Susan