Do you feel misled

Old Nov 21st 2002, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you feel misled

Hi,Ptlabs on another thread said"The australians never lied to anyone"concerning processing times in london.Do you feel let down by the info you received when applying whether it be processing times,points tests,modl list etc and were they economical with the truth.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 12:35 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you feel misled

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,Ptlabs on another thread said"The australians never lied to anyone"concerning processing times in london.Do you feel let down by the info you received when applying whether it be processing times,points tests,modl list etc and were they economical with the truth.
Jockney,

Before you go about misquoting me, please re-read my earlier posting.

The remark I made about Australians never lying to anyone was with reference to my second sentence:

As it has been pointed out time and again here, a long period of silence from DIMIA does not mean that your application is proceeding smoothly. It can be quite to the contrary.

Since when did I mention anything about processing times being 9 months in London?

Officially DIMIA explicitly states that any timelines given out through the email etc, are purely estimates. I hope you understand what an estimate is.

Peter
Old Nov 21st 2002, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

pateln is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the line that reads..

....applications will be processed in strict chronological order.

For me an the others who applied mid to late 2001, but before Nov 1 2001, that is what i call a white lie.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 3:13 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pateln
What about the line that reads..

....applications will be processed in strict chronological order.

For me an the others who applied mid to late 2001, but before Nov 1 2001, that is what i call a white lie.
My reference to Australia not lying to anyone, again, is regarding the fact that silence from DIMIA for a long period doesn't necessarily mean good news.

APSC and AHC London processing times discrepencies are another matter, and my initial comment wasn't directed at this issue.

The fact that some guy got rejected after 9 months (for reasons that no one here knows of) is quite independent from the issues that you or jockney have brought up here. Frustrated as the two of you are, I was just trying to point out that a 9-month wait doesn't necessarily mean the imminent grant of a visa, and thus DIMIA had not lied when rejecting the application. Why is it that all these other unrelated issues were brought up together with the said rejection, only the two of you would know...

Peter
Old Nov 21st 2002, 9:35 pm
Robert Edwards

Default Re: Do you feel misled

And they generally are depending on where your application is being
processed.....however there are often matters within an application or the
application may need clarification or completion that holds that application
up, why should it effect the rest?

"pateln" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > What about the line that reads..
    > ...applications will be processed in strict chronological order.
    > For me an the others who applied mid to late 2001, but before Nov 1
    > 2001, that is what i call a white lie.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com