Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do we send original ACS Assessment to DIMA?

Do we send original ACS Assessment to DIMA?

Old Jun 29th 2001, 3:34 am
fongyee long

Or do I send a certified copy of the ACS letter during my application to DIMA? Thanks
in advance for any advice.

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 7:33 am
fongyee long

I have checked with DIMA Kuala Lumpur and the officer told me that we should only
send a certified copy of the assessment letter and not the original one.

Cheers, fy

[email protected] (fongyee long)
    >
    >

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 12:06 pm
George Lombard

Dear Fongyee,

Your case officer must be mistaken. Everywhere else in the world they insist on the
original ACS letter as apparently they are sometimes falsified. If you wish to retain
the original ACS letter for your records I suggest you request that they print off
another copy for you.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

"fongyee long" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Or do I send a certified copy of the ACS letter during my application to DIMA?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance for any advice.[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 4th 2001, 2:38 am
fongyee long

Dear George,

Hmm... I think I will confirm with DIMA *in person* when I get all my documents ready
for submission. Will let you know. Some of the people in this ng sent certified copy
of the letter but was later asked for the original, so I think you are right.

Actually, I do not have any need of the original ACS assessment letter. It would be
more useful in DIMA's hand than mine {grin}.

"George Lombard" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 8th 2001, 2:16 am
JSUppal

[email protected] (fongyee long)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi,

The original has to be sent. [And, sometimes you still get asked for the original
after that! ]

J S UPPAL Regd Migration Agent No: 9803103 Sydney, Australia
http://firms.findlaw.com/JSUppal

Old Jul 10th 2001, 12:55 am
marije

Hi,

I hate to be nasty, but my husband and I were told by the DIMA and the Australian
Embassy in the Hague never to send any originals. We have sent certified copies of
all our documents, including the ACS certificate and that was just fine. We recieved
our permanent residence visa and have now been living in Oz for 1,5 years. Perhaps it
depends on which country you're from, but we are still in possession of the original
certificate. We have never been asked for the original afterwards.

Rgs, Marije

>
[usenetquote2]>> Dear George,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Hmm... I think I will confirm with DIMA *in person* when I get all my documents[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> ready for submission. Will let you know. Some of the people in this ng sent[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> certified copy of the letter but was later asked for the original, so I think you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> are right.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >