Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

do original birth certs need to be full size

do original birth certs need to be full size

Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do original birth certs need to be full size

hi,can anyone give me any info on original birth certificates,does it matter what size they are,my cert is full size ,showing both parents,but my oh and daughters are smaller certs,but not showing parents,any info please,also can you get full size certs if needed ,thanks ian
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: do original birth certs need to be full size

Yes they have to be full size you can get them from the office where registered cost 7 quid.

Tina x
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

STREAKY is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for info
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by STREAKY
hi,can anyone give me any info on original birth certificates,does it matter what size they are,my cert is full size ,showing both parents,but my oh and daughters are smaller certs,but not showing parents,any info please,also can you get full size certs if needed ,thanks ian
All birth certificates need to be the full certificate showing the parents information.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

I thought they cost more than that and you had to order them from http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk/birth.html

Please tell me how I get the cheaper ones before I fork out for these? I don't live in the UK anymore does that make a difference? Any way I can save money I'll be happy
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I got ours from www.gro.gov.uk - they're normally £10 (or £7 if you know the GRO index) but they don't post them to you until a couple of weeks after you place the order.

If you want/need them quicker, they have a priority service where they dispatch them the next working day - but they cost £26 each. I recently ordered them for DH & I (and also ordered a duplicate copy too, which was an additional £7 each) so it came to £66 altogether. We had them with us here in Australia within a week/10 days of ordering.

HTH a bit.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Candy Groove
I thought they cost more than that and you had to order them from http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk/birth.html

Please tell me how I get the cheaper ones before I fork out for these? I don't live in the UK anymore does that make a difference? Any way I can save money I'll be happy
The 1st Birth cert we ordered for my step daughter came from one of them agency that charge 23quid and takes 3 weeks to get to you.:curse:

But after that we just phoned the reg office of the place of birth and they said come get it in the morning and cost 7 quid.

When I had to get a copy of my marriage cert from my 1st marriage I phoned the reg office but they were to far away for me to collect it so I sent a cheque with a SAE and they sent it back within 2 days.

May take a bit longer to get to you if your not in the UK.

IMO I would never use 1 of them agencies they are a rip off!!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Candy Groove

go to the registrar of births/deaths and marriages in the town you were born/ registered (take some ID) fill out a form hand it over with your £7 and wait around till they do it for you mine took a couple of hours
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I did that with my marriage cert - phoned up and they said "come in in a couple of days and it'll be ready" - doddle... if you still live in the area you were born/married