Wikiposts

Do many people get rejected, and if so

Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Tommy Gun will become famous soon enough
Default Do many people get rejected, and if so

what are the main reasons, (if they've met the points required) ? Also are Carpenters and Joiners on the MODL? I looked at a site today,skills4oz.com they advertised an expo in tonights London Evening Standard and the link didn't show Carpenters on the list.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do many people get rejected, and if so

Can't answer this one honey but I have thought the same thing over and over. If you meet all the requirements in booklet 6 or what ever and this is the only thing you have to work with apart from some info from here and the mods and agents that come on, I can't see the problem of any of us getting in .

come on agents and mods give us a list so we can work on it please
cheers
lace x
Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:47 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Can't answer this one honey but I have thought the same thing over and over. If you meet all the requirements in booklet 6 or what ever and this is the only thing you have to work with apart from some info from here and the mods and agents that come on, I can't see the problem of any of us getting in .

come on agents and mods give us a list so we can work on it please
cheers
lace x
you go lace x
sent k

jan & gaz xx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun
what are the main reasons, (if they've met the points required) ? Also are Carpenters and Joiners on the MODL? I looked at a site today,skills4oz.com they advertised an expo in tonights London Evening Standard and the link didn't show Carpenters on the list.
A common reason that people get rejected, is because the wrong type of visa is applied for at the outset.... There are SO many classes it is easy to go for the wrong one, be careful!

....d) Each visa subclass has its own conditions and criteria. If you apply in the wrong class, or you do not satisfy the decision-maker that you meet the conditions and criteria for the class you apply in, your application will be rejected without refund of the application fee.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun
The MODL is on the DIMIA website, along with information on all the visa options.

Why do offshore applicants get refused? Reasons vary but the following are among the more common ones:

- medical/character grounds
- work experience does not meet DIMIA requirements (most common reason - in many cases the skill assessment proves nothing here)
- not enough points (many people are over-optimistic)
- (sponsored cases only), there is a problem with the Assurance of Support (assurer backs out at a late stage, or has insufficient income)
- children aged 18+ are often refused because of problems proving dependency or problems finding an additional assurer (often required in sponsored cases).

Jeremy
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tommy Gun will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
The MODL is on the DIMIA website, along with information on all the visa options.

Why do offshore applicants get refused? Reasons vary but the following are among the more common ones:

- work experience does not meet DIMIA requirements (most common reason - in many cases the skill assessment proves nothing here)
- (sponsored cases only), there is a problem with the Assurance of Support (assurer backs out at a late stage, or has insufficient income)
- children aged 18+ are often refused because of problems proving dependency or problems finding an additional assurer (often required in sponsored cases).

Jeremy
Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Do many people get rejected, and if so

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Please could you expand on the 18+dependant child. Can they not have the same assurer as the us as they are on the same app?? I thought they just follow as though they were under 18 except for proving dependancy and education etc. no one has mentioned that before.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers jan & gaz
much appreciated
hugs Lace x
Old Sep 5th 2005, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What does

work experience does not meet DIMIA requirements (most common reason - in many cases the skill assessment proves nothing here)

mean please

They say on the designated area sponsor that if you have an assessment worth 40 or 50 ponts then you can work in any job off the SOL for 12 out of the 18 months!

If you have that then they can't refuse it says it in black and white. It also says that you don't need to use and agent. So on that basis your on your on own with booklet 6, some poeple on here and any info you can blag from the DIMA or TRA or Vetassess or agents.

lace
Old Sep 5th 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I am wondering who decides whether you meet the criteria or not? Is it the case officer or the assessment agency?
And how strict are they?

Thanks,

Tibi
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Please could you expand on the 18+dependant child. Can they not have the same assurer as the us as they are on the same app?? I thought they just follow as though they were under 18 except for proving dependancy and education etc. no one has mentioned that before.
There is a limit of two adults per assurer. An 18 year old child is an adult (at the time visa is decided) so if you have one assurer doing the two parents, you'll need another for the child.

Jeremy
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by tibidabo
Hi Jeremy,

I am wondering who decides whether you meet the criteria or not? Is it the case officer or the assessment agency?
And how strict are they?

Thanks,

Tibi
Both. Skill assessment authority decides if you can get a skill assessment or not, without that the process ends.

Then DIMIA case officer decides if you meet the DIMIA criteria after you apply.

Jeremy
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:27 am
Just Joined

andrew2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got rejected once (offshore), reason: my work experience is not in SOL.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:51 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Do many people get rejected, and if so

This is a really good thread, I wonder about this whole assesement lark!!, can anyone out there shed some light... I am waiting for my skills TRA ass to come back for Cook (did this for 17 yrs) but that was 6 years ago, I am now an Office manager, which is also on the list, so because I have more exp with catering I am getting this area assesed, and then the DIMIA will look at my office exp, I feel so scared that I will get rejected... has anyone out there had a yes from not doing the job that they have been skills assesed for????
thanks !!

Originally Posted by andrew2002
I got rejected once (offshore), reason: my work experience is not in SOL.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:57 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soonbethere
This is a really good thread, I wonder about this whole assesement lark!!, can anyone out there shed some light... I am waiting for my skills TRA ass to come back for Cook (did this for 17 yrs) but that was 6 years ago, I am now an Office manager, which is also on the list, so because I have more exp with catering I am getting this area assesed, and then the DIMIA will look at my office exp, I feel so scared that I will get rejected... has anyone out there had a yes from not doing the job that they have been skills assesed for????
thanks !!

I wouldn't worry too much, I am and many other have given recent work experience in an occupation different to their main skill, each case is different and the response from whoever is assessing your skill will reflect this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.