do i need police clearence for oz

Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

tomka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do i need police clearence for oz

hello

i did the whv and spent( does that mean lived??) more than 12 months in australia during last ten years. do i need to provide pc for australia? if so, how can i pay the fee, because i cant send a cheque from an aussie bank. thanks for any advice
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: do i need police clearence for oz

Originally Posted by thomaskraneis
hello

i did the whv and spent( does that mean lived??) more than 12 months in australia during last ten years. do i need to provide pc for australia? if so, how can i pay the fee, because i cant send a cheque from an aussie bank. thanks for any advice
Hi There
If you need to pay something in Australian Dollars you can get an international money order from your local bank.
As I understand it, "police clearance for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last 10 years".
If you spent a year in Aus during the last 10 years then you will need an Aus police check.
If in doubt you could checked with immigration.
Lisa
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i need police clearence for oz

Originally Posted by LM109
Hi There
If you need to pay something in Australian Dollars you can get an international money order from your local bank.
As I understand it, "police clearance for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last 10 years".
If you spent a year in Aus during the last 10 years then you will need an Aus police check.
If in doubt you could checked with immigration.
Lisa
No need, you're quite correct. A total of 12 months in Aus (need not even be all in one stretch) means a need for an Aussie police check.