Do I have to send a Passport copy

Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Rage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I have to send a Passport copy

Hi,

Do I have to send a Passport copy of myself and spouse along with form 47sk. The checklist in 47sk does not mention so.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 6:26 am
matethreat

Well I thought I would reply to your post considering no one else did. You do not need to include a copy of your passport with your application. They will ask you for a certified copy of it along with a form 1022 when they are close to granting you PR.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest you both read page 14 of the general skilled migration booklet...
Old Sep 17th 2003, 6:50 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hans de Visser
I suggest you both read page 14 of the general skilled migration booklet...
Hans,
You're beginning to sound like me

Regards,
Peter
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
Hans,
You're beginning to sound like me

Regards,
Peter
:scared:Nooooooooooooooooo!:scared:
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:18 am
matethreat

Don't have the latest copy of the book and I don't feel like paying another 10.00 for it considering I don't need it. The last book had a blank page on 14.

I am not to sure being rude is something I would be overly proud of myself. It would be much easier to answer the question then to be condescending.

If telling me to read page 14 says anything about having to supply a copy of your passport I will be very surprised, so you might want enlighten me about what it says. There is no mention of needing it in the checklist of documents to send unless it has changes since I applied.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:21 am
matethreat

Oh yes and I am sure I will get another patented reply.

Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:44 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by matethreat
Don't have the latest copy of the book and I don't feel like paying another 10.00 for it considering I don't need it. The last book had a blank page on 14.

I am not to sure being rude is something I would be overly proud of myself. It would be much easier to answer the question then to be condescending.

If telling me to read page 14 says anything about having to supply a copy of your passport I will be very surprised, so you might want enlighten me about what it says. There is no mention of needing it in the checklist of documents to send unless it has changes since I applied.
And here's your patented reply:
The migration booklets are *free* since Jan 1 this year. If you have a few hundred kilobytes to spare on your harddisk, you shouldn't hesitate to download it. Please refer to the FAQ for links to the booklet, or go to the DIMIA website directly.

Peter
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

It would be much easier to answer the question then to be condescending.
And it would be much easier if people took the time and effort to read the migration booklets (which btw, I repeat are *free* these days) before posting a question that is answered in those booklets.

Don't you just hate it when people ask you how to spell the word "dictionary"?

Peter
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:22 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

You do not need to include a copy of your passport with your application. They will ask you for a certified copy of it along with a form 1022 when they are close to granting you PR.
You'll be asked for a certified copy of your passport along with Form 1022 before grant usually because you didn't provide a certified copy of your passport with your application earlier on.

Peter