Do I have the Right to Appeal?

Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:12 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I have the Right to Appeal?

Originally Posted by yoddha
Hi Im writing from India. We have applied for Skilled 136BN HairDresser. Most of the applications for Hair Dressers are being rejected outright with even assigning a CO. This is really weird considering the MAP has not even been implemented.. Discriminatory too

Ours is a Paper Based Off Shore application. Do we have the right to appeal if we are Rejected?
How was the refusal communicated to you?

Did you receive the refusal directly from DIAC or from your agent?

If your agent, can you trust him enough to believe that he is telling you the truth?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

yoddha will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
How was the refusal communicated to you?

Did you receive the refusal directly from DIAC or from your agent?

If your agent, can you trust him enough to believe that he is telling you the truth?
No you got it wrong. He says all India based Hair Dresser Applications are going to be Regected by Default. No official confirmation from DIAC. Why we have not even been assigned a CO.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:35 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

No you got it wrong. He says all India based Hair Dresser Applications are going to be Regected by Default. No official confirmation from DIAC. Why we have not even been assigned a CO.
So, the real question is....do you believe what your agent is telling you considering you don't trust him?

Wouldn't it be better to seek direct communication with DIAC (somehow) to clarify your situation?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think your agent may not be telling you the whole truth.

There is no ruling that says DIAC will automatically rject Indian hairdressers - if they were going to do that, they wouldn't accept the applications in the first place.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:42 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think your agent may not be telling you the whole truth.

There is no ruling that says DIAC will automatically rject Indian hairdressers - if they were going to do that, they wouldn't accept the applications in the first place.
I think that the agent has 'pocketed' the money from each respective client (probably all hairdressers) and simply stated that hairdressers are off the guest-list as a carte-blanche approach to dealing with all of the applicants that he has defrauded.

Not exactly a complex scam.

Also, isn't it normal practice to be assigned a C.O. before the refusal is issued? This all sounds like a text-book case of 'complete bollocks' to me.

yoddha, you've done yourself no favours by seeking the representation of an apparently dishonest agent (I doubt he's an agent at all).

I would threaten the agent with disclosure of his activities to the relevant authority unless he 'comes clean' with the truth concerning his actions.

Last edited by DunRoaminTheUK; Aug 26th 2008 at 5:45 am.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Son of a beach!! I just typed a big long reply and it didn't go through!

Anyway, the assumption that the agent pocketed the money and didn't submit in the first place is probably incorrect. When I worked for the agent here in Perth we saw a number of hairdressers from India be refused because when DIAC went to see the salons there was no equipment to actually make it a hair salon. No sinks, etc.

To the OP...As I've said a number of times, if you wish to end the relationship with your agent you need to fill in form 956 naming you as the contact for correspondence. Send it to DIAC via email. You then need to contact your agent in Sydney (NOT the one in India) in writing to let him/her know that you are ending the working relationship and are requesting a copy of your file. As the agent is MARA registered, you should have no problem. If you do have a problem however, you can complain in writing to MARA.

That said, though, your application has not been refused, so stop getting yourself in a panic. It's quite possible that your case officer is working behind the scenes and has not been in contact because there is nothing that he or she needs from you at the moment. Our visa was granted without us ever knowing that we had a case officer.