Wikiposts

do i have to be paid??

Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Arrow do i have to be paid??

The 139 visa asks for 6 months work experience but does not specifically say that this must be paid experience. My husband has just completed a PGCE which included six months teaching in school. Does this count as appropriate work experience for the visa application or does the 6 months begin with his first paid teaching job?
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: do i have to be paid??

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
The 139 visa asks for 6 months work experience but does not specifically say that this must be paid experience. My husband has just completed a PGCE which included six months teaching in school. Does this count as appropriate work experience for the visa application or does the 6 months begin with his first paid teaching job?
Hello,
I'm only guessing but I would think that as long as you can prove that you carried out the job in it's full capacity then whether or not you were paid is irrelevant. They just want to know you can do the job. I was paid for my job but I didn't tell them!!! (If you see what I mean)
Lou
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i have to be paid??

Originally Posted by kulu
Hello,
I'm only guessing but I would think that as long as you can prove that you carried out the job in it's full capacity then whether or not you were paid is irrelevant. They just want to know you can do the job. I was paid for my job but I didn't tell them!!! (If you see what I mean)
Lou
As far as DIMIA are concerned, employment must be paid in order to count for general skilled.

Jeremy