DIY Emigration Express Service

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:04 am
CNA
Just Joined

CNA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIY Emigration Express Service

Hello All,
We are new to all this.... have just started looking into Visa 175 and totally overwhelmed with information.

Saw this and wondered if anyone here has gone with them ...
http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk...migration.html

Read that migration agents can cost thousands and figured that this DIY service would be a compromise ....?? ....

Also, wonder if anyone can help. I'm pregnant and due in June. We would like to get our visa applications in ASAP. If we managed to get paperwork together fairly soon, can we apply before baby is born? Or do I have to wait till after the birth? How easy or difficult is it to add baby on after applications have gone off?

Thanks.

Cheryl
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:01 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY Emigration Express Service

Wait until you have a passport for your new arrival! It's another cost to get them a visa afterwards! Have you got your skills asssessment sorted out yet?

If you application is straightforward with no complications then imho, it's easy enough to do it yourself... time consuming, yes, frustrating, yes, but possible!

We did it ourselves!

Hope this helps a bit!

Ali x
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

would suggest that you wait until after baby is born also unless you are happy to have x-ray whilst pregnant.
No reason why you can't get everything ready in the meantime though!
You need to start with skills assessment!
Good luck with the baby & the visa
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CNA
Hello All,
We are new to all this.... have just started looking into Visa 175 and totally overwhelmed with information.

Saw this and wondered if anyone here has gone with them ...
http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk...migration.html

Read that migration agents can cost thousands and figured that this DIY service would be a compromise ....?? ....

Also, wonder if anyone can help. I'm pregnant and due in June. We would like to get our visa applications in ASAP. If we managed to get paperwork together fairly soon, can we apply before baby is born? Or do I have to wait till after the birth? How easy or difficult is it to add baby on after applications have gone off?

Thanks.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,
As everyone else said, you have to do the skills assessment first, that might take you till beyond June depending on how easy it is for you to get all of your work references. I have had a look at the DIY service and to be honest you can find all of that information on here and on the DIAC site. It depends on how keen you are to look through it all, i'm a bit of an anorak and I look into everything even if I have been told things by an agent, talking of which most reputable agents will give you a free assessment and advise you of the visa to go for (sorry I only know about our visa the 475)

If you give us a bit more information, age, occupation, work experience, qualifications etc, i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction. The hardest part is the skills assessment, after that if you have a straightforward case I believe the visa application is a lot easier (so i'm told!)

Take it a step at a time, there is quite a lot to do before you can submit the visa application. Good luck!
Flix x
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:57 pm
CNA
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alipally
Wait until you have a passport for your new arrival! It's another cost to get them a visa afterwards! Have you got your skills asssessment sorted out yet?

If you application is straightforward with no complications then imho, it's easy enough to do it yourself... time consuming, yes, frustrating, yes, but possible!

We did it ourselves!

Hope this helps a bit!

Ali x
Hello Ali,
Thanks for your reply. That's a good point. I didn't even think about the extra cost.

Yes, am in the process of getting my paperwork together for the skills assessment. Part of me think I could do it myself but another part of me just want an expert to make sure I've got it all correct. Then again, I guess that's what forums like this are for. I'm sure I'll be back for more advice.

Thanks again!

Cheryl
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:01 pm
CNA
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
would suggest that you wait until after baby is born also unless you are happy to have x-ray whilst pregnant.
No reason why you can't get everything ready in the meantime though!
You need to start with skills assessment!
Good luck with the baby & the visa
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I guess we'll wait till baby arrives. I thought that the medical was the last thing they ask for .... I was under the impression that it'll only be asked for once you get a case officer.

Cheryl
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:16 pm
CNA
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Flixy
Hi Cheryl,
As everyone else said, you have to do the skills assessment first, that might take you till beyond June depending on how easy it is for you to get all of your work references. I have had a look at the DIY service and to be honest you can find all of that information on here and on the DIAC site. It depends on how keen you are to look through it all, i'm a bit of an anorak and I look into everything even if I have been told things by an agent, talking of which most reputable agents will give you a free assessment and advise you of the visa to go for (sorry I only know about our visa the 475)

If you give us a bit more information, age, occupation, work experience, qualifications etc, i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction. The hardest part is the skills assessment, after that if you have a straightforward case I believe the visa application is a lot easier (so i'm told!)

Take it a step at a time, there is quite a lot to do before you can submit the visa application. Good luck!
Flix x
Hi Flix,
Yes, I've had a good think about things and you are right. I'm sure we could do this ourselves. I was just too impatient and excited .... ever since we made the decision to go. We've been talking about it for ages but only just finally made the decision.

I'm a GP and got in touch with someone via a doctors forum, who went over on a 136 visa - which I believe is now the 175. She gave me details of what to do for the Skills Assessment so hopefully, it'll be straightforward.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl