Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:01 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new fiscal year

Originally Posted by JenniGee
No-one seems to be answering his question, only asking more....

I think the answer is, unfortunately DIAC can change the rules at any time, depending on all sorts of factors - sometimes they are told to change things by the government ministers who deal with migration policy. This happened in March this year, with the changes to CSL/MODL, meaning that a two-tier system was brought in.

I think, & hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm this, the only time you will be certain is when you have your visa grant letter, so we must all try to stay positive & patient until that happens.

Best regards
That's the way I see it, just the poster said there was a new CSL in July so I asked for the evidence.

There has been no information regarding a new CSL in July just that people think it may happen as its the start of a new year.

Cheers,
Cooler
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:29 am
Just Joined

jojo86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

going through this thread, I was confused: will the potential CSL list changes affect the "submitted"/"pending" applicants?

If this is the case, the rule is unfair to those affected for the reason that the applicants made the decision (of immigration to Australia) rely on the requirements at then-time. -- and they pay for it and expect it(well, unless they fail to meet the then-requirements). They should not be punished for the "monthly-changed" list.

"retroactive rule" should be kept minimum to make the system fair.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:15 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Jojo...yes, DIAC have changed the rules whilst people have got their applications pending. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

There are now a whole host of MODL people having to wait longer than they thought after they brought in the CSL list; or how about all those affected when Pathway D was scrapped? or even worse, those who have paid investment bonds that they hoped would give them a route to a visa, but who now are in limbo with no sign of a grant, or even their money back.

All we can do is hope things are sorted out as soon as possible...at least we're on the CSL so we will get something eventually
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Jojo...yes, DIAC have changed the rules whilst people have got their applications pending. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

There are now a whole host of MODL people having to wait longer than they thought after they brought in the CSL list; or how about all those affected when Pathway D was scrapped? or even worse, those who have paid investment bonds that they hoped would give them a route to a visa, but who now are in limbo with no sign of a grant, or even their money back.

All we can do is hope things are sorted out as soon as possible...at least we're on the CSL so we will get something eventually
Hi

Sorry I can't provide links or anything but I read somewhere that CSL can change anytime depending on the job market, policies etc but this doesn't have to match up with the start of new immigration year! so in July we can still have the same CSL as now and also any case would be assessed (CSL/MODL etc) with respect to when it was lodged.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I remember reading on some immigration website.

Hope this can help settle some nerves

M
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:31 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moin
Hi

Sorry I can't provide links or anything but I read somewhere that CSL can change anytime depending on the job market, policies etc but this doesn't have to match up with the start of new immigration year! so in July we can still have the same CSL as now and also any case would be assessed (CSL/MODL etc) with respect to when it was lodged.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I remember reading on some immigration website.

Hope this can help settle some nerves

M
Your quite right in the first part however any changes to the CSL have immediate effect to all lodgements.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...on/pdf/faq.pdf

I suppose it is possible that they could revise this with any changes to the CSL but that is probably wishful thinking.

I think it's MODL changes (when they happen) are not retrospectively negative - not taking your points away.

I suppose it means that people who are on the CSL and could now go for SS (with SS lists changing) may wish to do that instead. However, this may 'tie' them down to a when they wish to have flexibility.

Cheers,
Cooler
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

amilacp is an unknown quantity at this point

I got this replay for one of my PLEs. They are not mentioning about the quota exceed or anything. But there are no visa after May 25th

-------------------------------------------
Thank you once again for your e-mail about your visa application under
Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

It appears that you have provided all of the documents and information
requested at this stage. This has been noted on your file for further
assessment by your case officer.

I am unable to give you a firm date on the decision of your visa the
case officer is yet to make her final assessment and decision on your
application.

An officer will contact you if there are any further requirements for
the processing of your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amilacp
But there are no visa after May 25th

And on what facts do you base this rumour?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Pollyanna you are right dear!

As per beupdate, one person got a visa on 26 May 2009. Which mean DIAC did issue visa after 25 May.

And I assume that more people got their visas till 31 May but they probably just did not update their status.

So guys fingers crossed.

Today is 05 June. Which mean only 25 more days to go!

Clock is ticking...... tick tack tick tack tick tack
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:13 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Our agent told us the other day that they had seen a 175 granted this Tuesday, so there are still visas available & they are processing the cases.

Patience, patience
Old Jun 6th 2009, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road

modl changes generally in sept of the year. CSL simply ensures that your appln processing is prioritized. If part or all of CSL is scrapped, my sense is that applns in final visa grant stage will be delayed but not rejected as such. Keep the hope - Oz does want to lose educated and experienced people like us either.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:11 am
Just Joined

tp801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by australia_im
modl changes generally in sept of the year. CSL simply ensures that your appln processing is prioritized. If part or all of CSL is scrapped, my sense is that applns in final visa grant stage will be delayed but not rejected as such. Keep the hope - Oz does want to lose educated and experienced people like us either.
if the delay is just one or two month it should be fine, but the fact is the delay (if out of proirity) would mean 1 year or even more. So it's scary to all of the CSL applicant especially in the 'final' stage.

And I assume you really mean "Keep the hope - Oz does NOT want to lose educated and experienced people like us either."
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road

Right missed 'not'
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:00 am
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojo86
going through this thread, I was confused: will the potential CSL list changes affect the "submitted"/"pending" applicants?

If this is the case, the rule is unfair to those affected for the reason that the applicants made the decision (of immigration to Australia) rely on the requirements at then-time. -- and they pay for it and expect it(well, unless they fail to meet the then-requirements). They should not be punished for the "monthly-changed" list.

"retroactive rule" should be kept minimum to make the system fair.
Sorry to say it effects all applications regardless of state...

We like many others have been a casualty of the CSL changes, when all trades were removed in March...

You just have to try a different path and hopefully truimph that way...

We applied in August last year and are still awaiting our visa so if the changes if any do effect you...Be prepared for a long wait!!!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi all

Please just be grateful if you are on the CSL or indeed if you have an alternative route. Some of us applied before the changes in good faith, and have no other alternative but to sit at the bottom of the pile with no hope of any visa any time soon.

If you are on CSL or can apply for SS then do it, and rest assured that your visa will come.

Good luck to all those in limbo land x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: If there are no Visas in June and then...

Originally Posted by live2learn
Hi guys.

As we all know, there may not be any visa grants during the month of June due to the fiscal year.

But when the new fiscal year starts i.e in July, there will be lot of Work load for DIAC since no visas will be processed in June.

And they will have to find a way to divide their work load as there is a looong queue of applicants already.

Or perhaps I only say perhaps, the Visas are processed and approved but its just that the applicants are not issued the actual Grant Letter in June.

Hows that? Could this be a possibility?
How u know or sure that they stopped issueing visas now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.