Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

Discussion on end of year for Visa Quotas 2008-9

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:42 am
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If there are no Visas in June and then...

Originally Posted by live2learn
Hi guys.

As we all know, there may not be any visa grants during the month of June due to the fiscal year.

But when the new fiscal year starts i.e in July, there will be lot of Work load for DIAC since no visas will be processed in June.

And they will have to find a way to divide their work load as there is a looong queue of applicants already.

Or perhaps I only say perhaps, the Visas are processed and approved but its just that the applicants are not issued the actual Grant Letter in June.

Hows that? Could this be a possibility?
I am also thinking the same. Once they started issuing visa in July, there will be too much workload and few may not expact to be granted in July.

What I think that they will start to grant in the date of application lodgement order.

But they might have some process in place to deal with this situation because this situation comes in every year.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future
Default Re: Are Visa Quotas over...

Originally Posted by Altavista
It is only for tradies and for new applicants. It doesn't say any change in CSL.

So, what is the point then.....
Relax my friend, you will get the good news soon.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:51 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also thinking the same. Once they started issuing visa in July, there will be too much workload and few may not expact to be granted in July.

What I think that they will start to grant in the date of application lodgement order.

But they might have some process in place to deal with this situation because this situation comes in every year.
We don't have any official word from DIAC that visa quotas are over and I am an optimistic person. I hope that visa allocations will continue in June as well. It might get slow but will continue.....We all in the same situation and are getting restless. Could not stop
Its very easy to say have patience but very difficult to have it when it comes to yourself. I am a prime example of this scenerio.

So, we can't do much about it other than shooting up our own BP

Everything will be fine.........
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by namecaesar
Relax my friend, you will get the good news soon.
Yup, that's what I was going to post. Ok, lets make things a bit clear.

Any one with official wording or PLE or reply from DIAC that Visa Quota is over for this year? Yes/No??

Regards,
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Hey Mukesam, I can see in your timeline that all your documents were met on ..... "02 June 2009" in June that is.

Which means they're probably processing the applications but you might have to wait for a month before you can get a grant letter.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys.

As we all know, there may not be any visa grants during the month of June due to the fiscal year.

But when the new fiscal year starts i.e in July, there will be lot of Work load for DIAC since no visas will be processed in June.

And they will have to find a way to divide their work load as there is a looong queue of applicants already.

Or perhaps I only say perhaps, the Visas are processed and approved but its just that the applicants are not issued the actual Grant Letter in June.

Hows that? Could this be a possibility?
They will still process the applications only visa issuance will be put on hold. So it's not much work I guess
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:12 am
Banned

All,

Check this out.

http://twitter.com/advocatemig/status/1648152244

It might be the reason of slowness of DIAC procedures in last week of May and this week as well? Who knows?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mukesam
We don't have any official word from DIAC that visa quotas are over and I am an optimistic person. I hope that visa allocations will continue in June as well. It might get slow but will continue.....We all in the same situation and are getting restless. Could not stop
Its very easy to say have patience but very difficult to have it when it comes to yourself. I am a prime example of this scenerio.

So, we can't do much about it other than shooting up our own BP

Hi,

Your documents were marked on 2nd June but I am waiting since 8th May and other guys waiting earlier then that. You could imagine the level the patience that we have.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mavios
They will still process the applications only visa issuance will be put on hold. So it's not much work I guess
Application processing finally reaches to grant stage. By that time they would have lots of application to grant visa.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Banned

Hi,

Your documents were marked on 2nd June but I am waiting since 8th May and other guys waiting earlier then that. You could imagine the level the patience that we have.
Dear Altavista,

I understand and appreciate exemplary patience shown by you and other applicants. I have already mentioned that its very easy to say to have patience to others but when it comes to you, you always look for exceptions. [I am refering to myself].

I think one should request moderator to add a reply after every 5,6 posts to have patience and benifits of having patience to all those posts where applicants are in last lap
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

srnp will become famous soon enough

I have lodged my application on may 2008,for class 175/paper lodged/LR/Civil Engineer.I have my meds were process on 24 april 2009 and send to case Officer as told by HOC.Still i have not granted visa??
Does any body have similar case??
it is too difficult to wait for another one month if this is true??
i m expecting visa soon??
plz help me??
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Application processing finally reaches to grant stage. By that time they would have lots of application to grant visa.
Right! just imagine how that would be like....granting visas put on hold...

.... it'll be like 100 or 200 visas granted in a day!

Wow!! which mean we can expect to hear LOTS of good news in July then?

Last edited by live2learn; Jun 2nd 2009 at 9:55 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by srnp
I have lodged my application on may 2008,for class 175/paper lodged/LR/Civil Engineer.I have my meds were process on 24 april 2009 and send to case Officer as told by HOC.Still i have not granted visa??
Does any body have similar case??
i m expecting visa soon??
plz help me??
Did HOC said 'Sent to a CO' or 'Are ready to be analyzed by a CO' because later means that it could be that you don't have a CO yet. Do you have any confirmation that you already have a CO? Any email? Any PLE reply suggesting that you have a CO?

Also, there are few steps after medical like verification, form 80, security checks etc but all these are not mandatory for all applicants. Some get Visas without these and some have to wait for these steps to complete so don't get frustrated, you will be fine.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:52 am
Banned

Right! just imagine how that would be like....granting visas put on hold...

.... it'll be like 100 or 200 visas granted in a day!

Wow!! which mean we can expect to hear LOTS of good news in July then? ;0
Now you are getting optimistic. I like it.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srnp
plz help me??
Yes very difficult to wait indeed.

Hard to wait for a day let alone waiting for a MONTH!

Last edited by live2learn; Jun 2nd 2009 at 9:57 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.