Dif between CSL and MODL??

Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road
Default Dif between CSL and MODL??

I hope one of you lot can help me out, my brain is hurting after trying to figure out where we stand?

My husband is a solid plasterer which is on the MODL and we applied for our visa Sept 2008, until today I had not heard about the CSL so I have no idea if he was ever on it or how all the new regulations might effect us.

We were hoping to have our visa by Nov 2009, we have sold our house and are in rented waiting until I have finished my studies in Oct so we thought that we would have our visa in plenty of time but now we are unsure

I would be so grateful if anyone could throw some light on what difference the change in CSL would have on a solid plasterer

Thanks from a very worried lady contimplating another English winter:curse:
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dif between CSL and MODL??

Hiya, the changes are all so new. I think a lot of people on the CSL will be left reeling after the announcement. We for one are. Those that were on the CSL up until last week would have case officers by the end of May 2009. Now we are no longer on the CSL, I have no idea how long our application will take to process.

I think plasterers were on the previous CSL list.

The visa year runs from July to June each year and it is unlikely that any MODL applications will be processed this year. So we are look at next year at least maybe even 2010. No one knows for sure so your guess is as good as mine.

Not what you wanted to hear but a realistic outlook I think.

Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hiya, the changes are all so new. I think a lot of people on the CSL will be left reeling after the announcement. We for one are. Those that were on the CSL up until last week would have case officers by the end of May 2009. Now we are no longer on the CSL, I have no idea how long our application will take to process.

I think plasterers were on the previous CSL list.

The visa year runs from July to June each year and it is unlikely that any MODL applications will be processed this year. So we are look at next year at least maybe even 2010. No one knows for sure so your guess is as good as mine.

Not what you wanted to hear but a realistic outlook I think.

Thanks for the reply, what a total nightmare
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

It is a bit. But if we want to immigrate to Oz then we have to sit tight and let things run their course..... I am not the most patient of people though.... Argh
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
It is a bit. But if we want to immigrate to Oz then we have to sit tight and let things run their course..... I am not the most patient of people though.... Argh

yes I agree but I thought the 14 months I had allocated for waiting for the visa would be more than enough! Any idea where I can check predicted processing times, I have not really worried much so far because I had plenty of time!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, we are in same boat, just found out job no longer on CSL list, gutted. 175 Visa loged october 08, thought we might have been hearing around May, now who knows. Such a nice day out there, should be smiling but I am really gutted.

Oh well, keep chin up hey!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm all a bit deflated. Will get over it and carry on with life and just wait until we hear some good news. Maybe at the end of the year when the economy starts to pick up???

As for time lines, some agents are predicting 18 month waits for those not in the priority processing tiers. Not sure if this includes MODL or not. keep checking the immigration email.

Chin up to you too! We'll get there. Later than expected but there all the same!