DIAC Application

Old Dec 13th 2009, 7:59 am
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIAC Application

Hi,

I was wondering if we are required to mention on our DIAC application that we are putting our papers for state sponsorship as well?

Will DIAC reject our application if in parallel we try for state sponsorship?

Would anyone know regarding this case

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application

Originally Posted by rif
Hi,

I was wondering if we are required to mention on our DIAC application that we are putting our papers for state sponsorship as well?

Thanks in advance
Do you mean you are putting in for a GSM 175 and also applying for state sponsorship?

If so, then this is a common path and no need to mention it to DIAC at this stage. When / if you get the state sponsorship an dyou accept it your application will be updated to a 176.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rif
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Time lines and effectiveness of SS depends on date of your 175 application & date of your application for SS. Some states grant SS within 2 weeks (NSW), some in 4-6 months (WA & Queensland). So timing should be effective to benefit from SS approval. You may opt to inform DIAC that you re applying SS but no benefit until you get the approval from states & states inform the same to DIAC.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:43 pm
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Do you mean you are putting in for a GSM 175 and also applying for state sponsorship?

If so, then this is a common path and no need to mention it to DIAC at this stage. When / if you get the state sponsorship an dyou accept it your application will be updated to a 176.
Thanks bermundashorts alot for clarifying my doubt; we are planning to file our Independent skilled visa subclass 175 later this month. In parallel we are also awaiting state sponsorship from Victoria.