DIAC 4 yrs or 5 yrs

Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default DIAC 4 yrs or 5 yrs

Hello All,
Sometimes excessive reading on immigration forums puts you in confusion. I read somewhere that DIAC turns down those applications which were filed when the applicant had < 5 yrs of experience.

But everywhere they have written minimum 4 yrs of experience even for ACS.. Has somebody cleared DIAC 175 visa process with 4 yrs of experience at lodging time.. Is this 5 yrs thing a rumor or a fact?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC 4 yrs or 5 yrs

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hello All,
Sometimes excessive reading on immigration forums puts you in confusion. I read somewhere that DIAC turns down those applications which were filed when the applicant had < 5 yrs of experience.

But everywhere they have written minimum 4 yrs of experience even for ACS.. Has somebody cleared DIAC 175 visa process with 4 yrs of experience at lodging time.. Is this 5 yrs thing a rumor or a fact?
Its all about ur points u scored and ur visa type application .

for example a friend of mine achieved 120 points for 175 Visa while having 1 year only experience for a skilled nominations as a health care job.

Good luck
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

lucben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hello All,

I am wondering the same thing. I am also very confused about few requirements. There seems to be 3 different requirements about the work experience.

- One would be the requirements from the assessing authority to get a good skills assessment. (ASC, IEAust,...)
- The other requirements from DIAC is about the "skill level" from the Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI)
- And there is finally the requirements of DIAC about the recent work experience (12 months out of 24)

Example: You had your skills assessed by IEAust. They say you are Engineer - Civil Engineer 2124-11. But you have been working as a Computing Professional - Software Designer 2231-15 for 2 years. Then the ASRI says:
Computing Professional - Software Designer 2231-15 Skill level
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
Question: You don't have a bachelor degree in Computing whatever, but you have the recent work experience requirement which is at least 12 months / 24. So then, what about the 5 years requirement ?

Does anybody understand how to look at all those requirements.

Thank you
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

If it is 5 years without Australia equivalent Bachelors and 4 years otherwise. How will I know that whether my non-Aus Bachelors (e.g. Bachelors in Computer Science from Thailand) is equivalent to Australian Bachelors or not?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucben
I am wondering the same thing. I am also very confused about few requirements. There seems to be 3 different requirements about the work experience.

- One would be the requirements from the assessing authority to get a good skills assessment. (ASC, IEAust,...)
- The other requirements from DIAC is about the "skill level" from the Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI)
- And there is finally the requirements of DIAC about the recent work experience (12 months out of 24)

Example: You had your skills assessed by IEAust. They say you are Engineer - Civil Engineer 2124-11. But you have been working as a Computing Professional - Software Designer 2231-15 for 2 years. Then the ASRI says:
Computing Professional - Software Designer 2231-15 Skill level
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
Question: You don't have a bachelor degree in Computing whatever, but you have the recent work experience requirement which is at least 12 months / 24. So then, what about the 5 years requirement ?

Does anybody understand how to look at all those requirements.
A good registered migration agent should know, if you are prepared to pay for professional assistance.

By the way, where does the ASCO say you need a bachelors degree in Computing?