Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DHL just picked up "2nd attempt" Application!

DHL just picked up "2nd attempt" Application!

Old May 25th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default DHL just picked up "2nd attempt" Application!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my relief that our 136 application has gone via DHL today. A lot of you know the history of this by now, but this is our second attempt, having had our 138 application refused in March this year. This is getting on for two years now. We actually looked at the date on the TRA form last night and it was 9th September, 2003. Wouldn't it be nice if we actually had a decision on this by the 9th September, 2005. Don't we deserve a break?! Anyone else sent off/sending off their applications this week? It would be great to compare timelines. I was waiting on fresh pcc's, but I got fed up waiting on my hubbie's English one (I got mine a week ago) and decided to send them on once I get a case number (same with the fresh meds). This is costing a fortune - if we ever do get this bloody visa, we won't be able to afford the air fare to Oz! I'm hoping some kind CO will take pity on us when they see what we've been through. Yeah, right.
Old May 25th 2005, 12:14 pm
Sydney here we come!

hayley & alan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DHL just picked up "2nd attempt" Application!

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my relief that our 136 application has gone via DHL today. A lot of you know the history of this by now, but this is our second attempt, having had our 138 application refused in March this year. This is getting on for two years now. We actually looked at the date on the TRA form last night and it was 9th September, 2003. Wouldn't it be nice if we actually had a decision on this by the 9th September, 2005. Don't we deserve a break?! Anyone else sent off/sending off their applications this week? It would be great to compare timelines. I was waiting on fresh pcc's, but I got fed up waiting on my hubbie's English one (I got mine a week ago) and decided to send them on once I get a case number (same with the fresh meds). This is costing a fortune - if we ever do get this bloody visa, we won't be able to afford the air fare to Oz! I'm hoping some kind CO will take pity on us when they see what we've been through. Yeah, right.
Just out of interest - but why was it refused?
Old May 25th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hayley & alan
Just out of interest - but why was it refused?
Whenever I post about the refusal, I put the fear of God into everyone! Sorry about that, don't mean to. Our situation was very unusual. We didn't have enough points for 136 so we applied for 138 with my brother as sponsor. We had sent meds, pccs and even lodged $5K bond and then they refused us because even though my brother is my full and natural older brother, he had been adopted as a baby and so could not be classed as my "legal brother" for reasons of sponsorship. Pathetic or what?! We've had time go get over it now and move on, but we feel so strongly about it, we've decided to appeal the decision to the MRT. In the meantime, electricians have been added to MODL, so we have enough points for the 136 now, so hence the new application. Even if we get the 136, we still think we should let the appeal run, just to see if we were right. Nowhere in the DIMIA paperwork does it mention "legal sibling", etc., etc., so we feel that we have a good case. The fact remains that we have the same natural two parents and so we are full brother and sister. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but that's the gist of the refusal. That's why this new 136 is sooooo... important to us.
Old May 25th 2005, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=JohnandMichelle]refused us because even though my brother is my full and natural older brother, he had been adopted as a baby and so could not be classed as my "legal brother" for reasons of sponsorship. ...................... Nowhere in the DIMIA paperwork does it mention "legal sibling", etc., etc., so we feel that we have a good /QUOTE]

that is appalling! as an adoptee myself I would have thought that the legal sibling bit was even more apparent due to the existence of an adoption certificate issued buy a court.

Just when I think that the DIMIA has just cause for some of its unfair regulations along comes a belter that is beyond belief.

I hope you have the energy to appeal - good luck for the future

George
Old May 25th 2005, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Wink Re: DHL just picked up "2nd attempt" Application!

Whenever I post about the refusal, I put the fear of God into everyone! Sorry about that, don't mean to. Our situation was very unusual. We didn't have enough points for 136 so we applied for 138 with my brother as sponsor. We had sent meds, pccs and even lodged $5K bond and then they refused us because even though my brother is my full and natural older brother, he had been adopted as a baby and so could not be classed as my "legal brother" for reasons of sponsorship. Pathetic or what?! We've had time go get over it now and move on, but we feel so strongly about it, we've decided to appeal the decision to the MRT. In the meantime, electricians have been added to MODL, so we have enough points for the 136 now, so hence the new application. Even if we get the 136, we still think we should let the appeal run, just to see if we were right. Nowhere in the DIMIA paperwork does it mention "legal sibling", etc., etc., so we feel that we have a good case. The fact remains that we have the same natural two parents and so we are full brother and sister. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but that's the gist of the refusal. That's why this new 136 is sooooo... important to us.
Just wanted to say, really wish you the best of luck. Our application is not straight forward either, on medical grounds, but we have decided to stop second guessing DIMIA and just apply and see what the outcome is.

I can't believe you were refused because you hadn't lived with your brother, would this happen then if you hadn't lived with a parent from birth, but now wanted to migrate to them in Australia???

Absolute madness......however hopefully you will be ok now and be granted visa soonest.

Best of luck

Becky
Old May 25th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=noregrets]
refused us because even though my brother is my full and natural older brother, he had been adopted as a baby and so could not be classed as my "legal brother" for reasons of sponsorship. ...................... Nowhere in the DIMIA paperwork does it mention "legal sibling", etc., etc., so we feel that we have a good /QUOTE]

that is appalling! as an adoptee myself I would have thought that the legal sibling bit was even more apparent due to the existence of an adoption certificate issued buy a court.

Just when I think that the DIMIA has just cause for some of its unfair regulations along comes a belter that is beyond belief.

George
Old May 25th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=JohnandMichelle]Thanks George. Did you misunderstand though? My brother was adopted as a baby by another couple, not my parents. My parents are his natural parents and I am his natural sibling. Anyway, whichever way you look at it, its unfair.
Old May 25th 2005, 1:24 pm
"Goodbye Circus!"

fairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Just wanted to say a huge GOOD LUCK for your 2nd application. I am sure it will go your way.

We too are about to put in our second application, having been refused the first time round due to a missing document, and DIMIA not wanting to wait 2 weeks for it. So we feel your frustration and anger! and it really does hurt the wallet too! We also have the added worry of a complicated medical, but are also of the opinion, we'll never know if we don't try.

Good luck

Fairgoes
Old May 25th 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

noregrets will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=JohnandMichelle]
Thanks George. Did you misunderstand though? My brother was adopted as a baby by another couple, not my parents. My parents are his natural parents and I am his natural sibling. Anyway, whichever way you look at it, its unfair.

OOPs sorry yes I did misunderstand even so on the flip side of what I thought it is still very unfair.

all the best for your new application
george
Old May 25th 2005, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bex 66
Just wanted to say, really wish you the best of luck. Our application is not straight forward either, on medical grounds, but we have decided to stop second guessing DIMIA and just apply and see what the outcome is.

I can't believe you were refused because you hadn't lived with your brother, would this happen then if you hadn't lived with a parent from birth, but now wanted to migrate to them in Australia???

Absolute madness......however hopefully you will be ok now and be granted visa soonest.

Best of luck

Becky
Thanks Becky. I think it really depends on how the law is interpreted. For instance, if you had a child adopted, you then don't have a legal relationship anymore, e.g. leaving property in a will, etc. I think our CO then interpreted it to mean that if my parents are not "legally" his parents, then how can we be "legally" brother and sister. Our argument is that why should the same law apply to siblings, we didn't have any choice in all of this. Ironically, one of the main reasons we are moving to Oz is for my brother and I to make up for lost time. Mad, isn't it!? Anyway, we'll see how the MRT interpret it. That can take anything up to about 18 months though. Thank God for the new MODL!
Old May 25th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fairgoes
Hi

Just wanted to say a huge GOOD LUCK for your 2nd application. I am sure it will go your way.

We too are about to put in our second application, having been refused the first time round due to a missing document, and DIMIA not wanting to wait 2 weeks for it. So we feel your frustration and anger! and it really does hurt the wallet too! We also have the added worry of a complicated medical, but are also of the opinion, we'll never know if we don't try.

Good luck

Fairgoes
Hi, yeah I remember you!! And remember thinking you were going to have to pay again as well, you poor sods! What visa class was it for again? Best of luck yourself and keep us posted on your progress. Michelle
Old May 25th 2005, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Thanks Becky. I think it really depends on how the law is interpreted. For instance, if you had a child adopted, you then don't have a legal relationship anymore, e.g. leaving property in a will, etc. I think our CO then interpreted it to mean that if my parents are not "legally" his parents, then how can we be "legally" brother and sister. Our argument is that why should the same law apply to siblings, we didn't have any choice in all of this. Ironically, one of the main reasons we are moving to Oz is for my brother and I to make up for lost time. Mad, isn't it!? Anyway, we'll see how the MRT interpret it. That can take anything up to about 18 months though. Thank God for the new MODL!
Ah I can sort of see their thinking, however as you say that was your parents and nothing to do with you.

I am sure that you won't have any kind of problem now with your new application, now that hubby is wanted ( so to speak).
Keep us posted, our time lines are similar, we applied end of April, and are on MODL ( I am a nurse). Medicals are booked for Aug 2nd, not too bothered about front loading ect hence the distance between date of medical and application.

Anyway good luck

Becky x
Old May 25th 2005, 6:53 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noregrets

George
Be careful before you do an appeal as people have said that it can take longer to sort through than actually doing the whole process again.

Also, you cannot add any new information. This is what it says on their website:

Review
If your application is not accepted, or if you disagree with the designated occupation, you may seek a formal review of the decision. A review attracts fee of AUD $300. Details on how to apply for a review are contained in the letter advising you of the decision. Any new information must be lodged with a new application.

Anyways, good luck with the application.

R.
Old May 25th 2005, 7:02 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck! Sent you some k
Old May 25th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carruss
Be careful before you do an appeal as people have said that it can take longer to sort through than actually doing the whole process again.

Also, you cannot add any new information. This is what it says on their website:

Review
If your application is not accepted, or if you disagree with the designated occupation, you may seek a formal review of the decision. A review attracts fee of AUD $300. Details on how to apply for a review are contained in the letter advising you of the decision. Any new information must be lodged with a new application.

Anyways, good luck with the application.

R.
Thanks R. But you've got it a bit wrong. We're actually appealing refused 138 as well as lodging new 136 - not TRA. To be honest, TRA has been the easiest bit so far - believe it or not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.