desperate for parents to stay, HELP!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

chrisandlynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy desperate for parents to stay, HELP!

Hi, this is acomplicated topic as we are both OZ passport holders but have been back in the UK for 8 yrs.
Now we have had enough of working here and are returning to melbourne.
My OH's parents have lived with us since we came back from OZ and want to continue to do this when we go back.
We have a problem with balance of family i think, one is in spain, one in scotland and one , we think, somehwre in the uk. Four in total including my OH
If this makes it impossible for the contrib parents? then can we get them out on a visit visa for 12 months then either keep renewing this or do multiple eta's while they travel on hols around the region.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: desperate for parents to stay, HELP!

Originally Posted by chrisandlynn
Hi, this is acomplicated topic as we are both OZ passport holders but have been back in the UK for 8 yrs.
My OH's parents have lived with us since we came back from OZ and want to continue to do this when we go back.
We have a problem with balance of family i think, one is in spain, one in scotland and one , we think, somehwre in the uk. Four in total including my OH
If this makes it impossible for the contrib parents? then can we get them out on a visit visa for 12 months then either keep renewing this or do multiple eta's while they travel on hols around the region.
Just some info we have seen in this forum about being able to get successive 12 month visas for visit as tourist with gaps of 6 months either back in the uk or New Zealand. Has this been successful with anyone?
As the old dears are in their late 70's we want to make this as easy as possible for them.
Any help appreciated,
Cheers,
chris and lynn
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Will not meet balance of family so CPV is off the table! Cant help with other questions
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Are they considering abandoning/selling their home in the U.K.?
They can visit Australia, but not live in Australia, on tourist status.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:29 am
Just Joined

the original plan was for them to come and live with us but as it looks like we have to have one more of my OH family reside to get the CPV, then we thought they could stay for sometime, then leave and either go back home to their house in UK which would be rented or see some of Asia Pacific.
The biggest concern is that s all well and dandy when they are feeling good but if something should happen or they get fedup jotting around (both in late 70'S.
My wife in a sense is there carer and will be when they become infirm (nurse) noone else in the family is remotely interested.

i have read every visa that could be posible but they are only left with the visit visa as far as i can tell unless one of her sisters also migrates but not even sure if 2 from 4 or if she will have enough points to get in given we are not spring chicks ourselves
thanks for all your info.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest it sounds like you need professional advice not just forum and JAJ help. Contact a reputatable agent and you'll have the first chat free of charge (doesn't last long but generally they'll be able to say yeh or neh) and go from there. There are too many variables for non experts to advise properly. Check out George Lombard or Alan Collett on here for their company details.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: desperate for parents to stay, HELP!

Thanks for that we will contact them and see what their suggestions are, anything to get the parents to come over would be great.
cheers,
chrisand lynn
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:01 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that we will contact them and see what their suggestions are, anything to get the parents to come over would be great.
cheers,
chrisand lynn

Let us know what suggestions they offer as it would be a gr8 help to others on here if there is a way. Goodluck