Designated areas

Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough
Default Designated areas

Could someone please confirm that Gold Coast 4211 is NOT a designated area, my aunt has me a bit confused now & has filled in paperwork for designated sponsored 139 not australian sponsored 138.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:33 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Designated areas

Originally Posted by georgiagal
Could someone please confirm that Gold Coast 4211 is NOT a designated area, my aunt has me a bit confused now & has filled in paperwork for designated sponsored 139 not australian sponsored 138.
4211 IS a designated area.
Have a look here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

Julie. x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

georgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the roughgeorgiagal is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
4211 IS a designated area.
Have a look here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

Julie. x
Ok, but if i'm filing for 138, can't they live anywhere? Does that mean they have to say "yes" to question 49 on form 40?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:35 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, but if i'm filing for 138, can't they live anywhere? Does that mean they have to say "yes" to question 49 on form 40?

139ers can live anywhere also BUT the 139 no longer exists after 30th June (changing to a 3 year temp visa where you have to stay in designated area and apply for PR after 2 years). If you have all the paperwork in place for a 139 get it in very quickly (fedex or DHL to OZ) so it's received by 30th June. 139ers are also priority so get processed quicker than 138s.

Hope this helps

LOu
xx
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment, if you file for 139 you also apply for 138 and vice versa.
However all this is likely to change very soon come July, when 139 is replaced by a temporary visa and there is also talk that Melbourne and the Gold Coast will cease to be "designated" areas.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

tzutzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charles.edington
139ers can live anywhere also BUT the 139 no longer exists after 30th June (changing to a 3 year temp visa where you have to stay in designated area and apply for PR after 2 years). If you have all the paperwork in place for a 139 get it in very quickly (fedex or DHL to OZ) so it's received by 30th June. 139ers are also priority so get processed quicker than 138s.

Hope this helps

LOu
xx
Hi there,

I've tried to get more information about the changes to 139, but I couldn't find anything on www.immi.gov.au
Could you please give me a link or more information on this? What about 138? Will it change to temp as well?
I'm trying to find the conditions which have to be met to change the future temp 138/139 to a permanent visa.

Thanks,

Adrian
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 11:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tzutzy
Hi there,

I've tried to get more information about the changes to 139, but I couldn't find anything on www.immi.gov.au
Could you please give me a link or more information on this?
Search through the media releases around April 2005 at http://www.minister.immi.gov.au

What about 138? Will it change to temp as well?

The announcement made only applies to 139, not 138. DIMA can change rules anytime, but they have not flagged up any changes to 138.

Sponsors in "designated" areas should still be able to sponsor for 138, the temp visa will likely be an alternative for those who can't qualify for 138.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Could you please give me a link or more information on this? What about 138? Will it change to temp as well?
I'm trying to find the conditions which have to be met to change the future temp 138/139 to a permanent visa.

Thanks,

Adrian
Hi Adrian

Here is the email I received from DIMA, London regards to the 139

Dear Client

The Skilled Designate Area Sponsored visa is being changed to a two stage process. Successful applicants will be granted a three year temporary visa. To be eligible to apply for permanent residence applicants will need to live in the same designated area as their sponsor for two years and work for one year. People who lodge an application before 1 July 2006 will not be affected. Current visa holders will not be affected by these changes. Further information will be released regarding this closer to July.

We hope this information has been of assistance.

Yours sincerely

London Contact Centre
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand London WC2B 4LA

DIMA website: www.immi.gov.au
London website: www.australia.org.uk

Telephone Information Service: 09065 508 900
(The cost of this service is £1 per minute from a BT line however costs may vary for other providers and calls from mobile phones). Access to an operator is provided at the end of the recorded information between the hours of 9am and 4pm London Time, Monday to Friday except on Public Holidays and Australian High Commission Holidays for which see www.australia.org.uk.)
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:12 am
Guy 1000 2000

im going to apply in 138 category. r they changing any requirement for
138 ? i heard that ILETS requirements r changing. 6 band required for
15 score and 7 band required for 20 points. is it true ?

what is the processing time of 138 category without MODL ? 6 months or
one year.

Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks Jaj and Paul for your input.
I guess I'll try to sponsor my brother for the 138 then.

Anyway, I'm assuming that the 1 year work requirement is ok if achieved in any occupation, not the one selected for the application?

All the best,

Adrian

Last edited by tzutzy; Jun 26th 2006 at 4:02 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, I'm assuming that the 1 year work requirement is ok if achieved in any occupation, not the one selected for the application?

All the best,

Adrian
Adrian - I would ask your brother to contact an agent to make sure any further info is accurate for him.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:29 am
JAJ
Retired

All the best,

Adrian
I strongly suggest you look at the Skilled Migration Booklet - work experience requirements are not always 1 year, it can be longer. Depends on the nominated occupation and the type of visa applied for, also whether or not you need points.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
I strongly suggest you look at the Skilled Migration Booklet - work experience requirements are not always 1 year, it can be longer. Depends on the nominated occupation and the type of visa applied for, also whether or not you need points.
Sorry,

I meant the 1 year full time employment needed to get the permanent visa (when the changes to the 139 take place), once he's here.
The basic requirement is ok as he's been working continuously for the last 5 or 6 years in a 50 point MODL occupation. Assessment is for 50 points as well.

The problem I see is that it would be more difficult for him to get 1 year full time out of the first 2 in his nominated occupation.

Thanks & regards

Last edited by tzutzy; Jun 29th 2006 at 6:53 am.