Dependent Parent

Old Oct 15th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

lynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nice
Default Dependent Parent

We are applying for a 163 visa using a agent. After alot of disscusion we all feel as my Dad fits the dependent criteria this is the way to go. I was just wondering if anyone had managed to have a parent with them as a dependent. Thanks Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependent Parent

Originally Posted by lynn2009
We are applying for a 163 visa using a agent. After alot of disscusion we all feel as my Dad fits the dependent criteria this is the way to go. I was just wondering if anyone had managed to have a parent with them as a dependent. Thanks Lynn
Difficult to prove a parent as a dependent if you are from the UK, as they usually have a pension etc to live on. I'd advise speaking to an agent before you add him to the application.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

lynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Difficult to prove a parent as a dependent if you are from the UK, as they usually have a pension etc to live on. I'd advise speaking to an agent before you add him to the application.
Hi Pollyana
Our agent said as my Dad as lived with us for 7 years only as a stste pension to live on we should be able to prove he is dependent on us.He had a heart attack and as recovered well his main problem is that he as a illness with his eyes that now means he is unable to read and do may simple tasks. Consultant said he may need to be registered partially sighted.
Any advice most welcome Lynn
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynn2009
Hi Pollyana
Our agent said as my Dad as lived with us for 7 years only as a stste pension to live on we should be able to prove he is dependent on us.He had a heart attack and as recovered well his main problem is that he as a illness with his eyes that now means he is unable to read and do may simple tasks. Consultant said he may need to be registered partially sighted.
Any advice most welcome Lynn
Since UK is a welfare state where he could be entitled to pensions and council house and carers it will be very difficult to prove he is entirely dependent on you for all of his needs. Also bear in mind he may fail the medical given he has a heart and eye conditions. I would seriously consider getting a second opinion from another agent, one who is experienced in medical matters. George Lombard's name comes up a lot on here.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Since UK is a welfare state where he could be entitled to pensions and council house and carers it will be very difficult to prove he is entirely dependent on you for all of his needs. Also bear in mind he may fail the medical given he has a heart and eye conditions. I would seriously consider getting a second opinion from another agent, one who is experienced in medical matters. George Lombard's name comes up a lot on here.
Thankyou I have just emailed Geaoge Lombard.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:54 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

What Dorothy said is right, although I should add just one more thing. If they believe your father truly is dependent (which is very difficult) then he has to have medicals done with the rest of you. If his medical conditions made him fail the medical then the ENTIRE application fails (one fail, all fail).

So even if you pass the biggest hurdle of dependency you could all be without a visa if he fails the medical. Just something to think about.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by comet555
What Dorothy said is right, although I should add just one more thing. If they believe your father truly is dependent (which is very difficult) then he has to have medicals done with the rest of you. If his medical conditions made him fail the medical then the ENTIRE application fails (one fail, all fail).

So even if you pass the biggest hurdle of dependency you could all be without a visa if he fails the medical. Just something to think about.
Yes I realise if he fails the medical we all fail but he as had a pre medical with a panel doctor who say he doesn't see a problem with my Dad passing the medical but it what Autralia thinks at the end of the day.

Thanks for your help

Lynn