dependants is that a prob?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

nikhild111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dependants is that a prob?

I Recently filed for GSM176, I MENTIONED ABOUT MY WIFE AND FATHER IN THE DEPENDANTS LIST OF FAMILY , THEY RE NOT IMMIGRATING OR INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION OF MY VISA other than as dependants, DO THEY HAVE ANY OBLIGATIONS LIKE TAKING MEDICALS OR POLICE CLEARANCE WHICH WOULD DELAY IN MY VISA PROCESS SOMETHING IF SO WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THEM OFF THE LIST.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:33 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dependants is that a prob?

Originally Posted by nikhild111
I Recently filed for GSM176, I MENTIONED ABOUT MY WIFE AND FATHER IN THE DEPENDANTS LIST OF FAMILY , THEY RE NOT IMMIGRATING OR INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION OF MY VISA other than as dependants, DO THEY HAVE ANY OBLIGATIONS LIKE TAKING MEDICALS OR POLICE CLEARANCE WHICH WOULD DELAY IN MY VISA PROCESS SOMETHING IF SO WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THEM OFF THE LIST.
Are you saying that your wife in not emigrating with you
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

NO MY WIFE IS NOT MIGRATING NOW WITH ME BUT SHE MIGHT JOIN IN A LATER DATE THATS WHAT I HAVE SPECIFIED IN THE APPLICATION.

IN THE FAMILY MEMBERS CATEGORY- IT WAS WRITTEN PL. PROVIDE ALL YOUR FAMILY , INCLUDE FAMILY MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT ACCOMPANIED YOU TO AUSTRALIA AS WELL SO I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING IN MIGRATING DEPENDANTS
NON IMMIGRANT DEPENDANTS- MY FATHER AND MY WIFE
AND THE OTHER CATEGORY WAS OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS I AM NOT SURE IF I HAD TO PUT THEM IN NON MIGRATING DEPENDANTS OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE FORM I SAW ALL THE 3 NAMES INCLUDING MINE AND DETAILS LIKE PASSPORT NUMBER -VISA TYPE- MEDICAL, PCC I DON'T KNOW WHY ITS WAS THERE?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE DONT TYPE IN CAPS. It is considered extremely rude.

You need to put your dependents in the dependent section and they will definitely need to have medicals and I think PCC as well.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

sorry it was unintentional i did not realize
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

sorry it was unintentional i did not realize
Yes, your non-migrating dependents need to do medicals. Bear in mind DIAC will want to know why your wife is not being included on your application.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

what do i do to take them off the list, i mean if they are not included in the application and not migrating why do they have to go through any of the medicals or police clearance?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They have to have medicals because you might try to bring them over later and DIAC doesn't want to split up families. So you all have medicals and either all pass or all fail.

You have already listed them as your dependents so DIAC already knows about them, not much you can do about it now. If you had not mentioned them (esp wife) in first place would have been considered visa fraud.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

what do i do to take them off the list, i mean if they are not included in the application and not migrating why do they have to go through any of the medicals or police clearance?
Because it's the rules. Dependents have to do medicals.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

you also have to prove why ur father is dependent on u. This requires additional documentary evidence to be submitted to diac and it is not easy to substantiate.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Why not include your wife on the application? She doesn't have to live here yet, just validate by the required date same as you. She can then return to your country but have a visa. Later its more hassle and costs. Too late I guess if already submitted (unless they let you add her on???).

If you can prove your father is dependant - difficult if you are UK based - then I would assume the same is true of him with regard to validating and returning.