Dentist wants to move to Australia?

Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

kokay28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dentist wants to move to Australia?

Hi there,
I m a dentist outside the Australia who wants to migrate to australia on basis of PR.i have worked as a part time dentist during the course of my study at a private clinic for 2 years followed by ful time self practice after graduation for 1 and half year.so my total experience is 2 years part time (30 Hours per week) and 1 and half year full time.
Kindly help me to find out whether i m eligibe or not and what is the procedure.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dentist wants to move to Australia?

start here http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...st-2381-11.htm

The first thing you will need is a skills assessment

Hope it helps
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

shooterguy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

I'm in the same position.

First of all you have to have your skills assesment done by the australian dental association
http://www.ada.org.au/

if your qualification is from a uk or irish univesity you can practice without additional exams

then you have to apply for your visa dentist is on the critical skills list (CSL) and is on the skills list for all states except NSW and queensland.

I've been reading that for permanent residency a 176 state sposnsored visa is going to be quicker than a 175 independant one. but don't think anyone is sure yet

another option would be to look at this sitehttp://www.djs.com.au

they will sponsor you on a temporary (up to 4 years) 475 visa which is faster to get and you can still change jobs while you're there

hope this helps
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the reply,as far as i have searched,i can take the OET exam prior to going on to assesment,now what i want to know is that whether is it correct to go ike that or thee is some other way.thanks
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shooterguy
hi there

I'm in the same position.

First of all you have to have your skills assesment done by the australian dental association
http://www.ada.org.au/

if your qualification is from a uk or irish univesity you can practice without additional exams

then you have to apply for your visa dentist is on the critical skills list (CSL) and is on the skills list for all states except NSW and queensland.

I've been reading that for permanent residency a 176 state sposnsored visa is going to be quicker than a 175 independant one. but don't think anyone is sure yet

another option would be to look at this sitehttp://www.djs.com.au

they will sponsor you on a temporary (up to 4 years) 475 visa which is faster to get and you can still change jobs while you're there

hope this helps
dear shooter,
thanx fo the reply,can i go for DJS widout exams stuff or still i need to go thru exams at any cost.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:20 am
Just Joined

shooterguy is an unknown quantity at this point

kokay
is your degree from a university in the uk or irish rebublic?
if it is and you hold a uk irish canadian, NZ or USA passport you don't have to sit any exams.
If your degree is from the uk or ireland and you do not hold one of the above passports you may still be able to aplly without the exam, I believe but am not sure that if you have completed a 5 year degree which was taught in english you can get 15 points for launguage skills.

If you do not have a uk or irish dental degree and your university is on the list of accredited institutions on the ADC website you are going to have to sit the ADC registration exam, and that will take some time.

You have to have skill recognition before you can proceed with 175 or 176 PR

for 475 if you have a registerable qualifiaction (uk irish or NZ) you don't need to do a points test

hope this is clear
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shooterguy
kokay
is your degree from a university in the uk or irish rebublic?
if it is and you hold a uk irish canadian, NZ or USA passport you don't have to sit any exams.
If your degree is from the uk or ireland and you do not hold one of the above passports you may still be able to aplly without the exam, I believe but am not sure that if you have completed a 5 year degree which was taught in english you can get 15 points for launguage skills.

If you do not have a uk or irish dental degree and your university is on the list of accredited institutions on the ADC website you are going to have to sit the ADC registration exam, and that will take some time.

You have to have skill recognition before you can proceed with 175 or 176 PR

for 475 if you have a registerable qualifiaction (uk irish or NZ) you don't need to do a points test

hope this is clear
Dear i m from Pakistan and i have completed 5 years of education in pakistan.it was in english.....now how wud i proceed dear.thanx for ur reply
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kokay28
Hi there,
I m a dentist outside the Australia who wants to migrate to australia on basis of PR.i have worked as a part time dentist during the course of my study at a private clinic for 2 years followed by ful time self practice after graduation for 1 and half year.so my total experience is 2 years part time (30 Hours per week) and 1 and half year full time.
Kindly help me to find out whether i m eligibe or not and what is the procedure.
Hi if your looking for a dental technician when you get there I am going & taking my lab with me.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear i m from Pakistan and i have completed 5 years of education in pakistan.it was in english.....now how wud i proceed dear.thanx for ur reply
Are you a dentist or are you IT? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637539
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

angelarnika is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that the skills assessment rules for health professionals will be changing soon and I think this includes dentists. I am not sure about this but it would be a good idea to check.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

How do i caheck the rules,means what is the link or track to go in ......thanx