Defacto Partner - Armed Forces

Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:19 am
Just Joined

hannahi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Defacto Partner - Armed Forces

Hi All,

I came across your forum today. I have been searching endlessly, contacted migration agents (who have not got back to me) I have seen some posts on here that had some really good advice.

I have been with my partner for 18 months now. I was sponsored and moved here in Jan 2012 it was initially for 3-6 months however the role has developed and I am here a year later.

My partner has just left the UK armed forces having served last year in Afghanistan, and is moving here in March. He is currently coming on a working holiday visa.

We have supporting evidence to prove we are in a committed relationship, we have flight receipts he flew here twice last year, I flew to UK for his summer leave, and I also managed to go home for a month at Christmas.

Are there extenuating circumstances as it has not been possible for us to live together for the last 18 months? Or should we go down the route of living together here for 6 months and the applying for him to be defacto on my visa at that point?

My concern with this option is that it may hinder his chances of work possibly as a working holiday visa is only a temporary visa.

I would hugely appreciate any thoughts or advice or a nudge in the right direction. Thank you if you got this far!