Defac to wife - urgent help needed!

Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Smile Defac to wife - urgent help needed!

I am going to lodge my 176 visa with DIAC today,
I would like to add my de facto wife in application and may get married in near future but I don't know when exactly.
1- If if get married later, then can I change my status from de facto to married ?
2- What sort of evidence should I provide for de facto relationship
Regards
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defac to wife - urgent help needed!

Originally Posted by r_1159
I would like to add my de facto wife in application and may get married in near future but I don't know when exactly.
1- If if get married later, then can I change my status from de facto to married ?
Regards
1. yes I think so - but double check, obv
2. I did the de facto thing a few years ago - you have to show a 'genuine & enduring relationship' for over a year. We submitted joint bank accounts, evidence of joint mortgage, photos from old holidays, a few letters we'd written each other, plus statements from a couple of friends. I'm sure you'll find lots more details and examples if you do a 'de facto evidence' search on here.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by esperanza
1. yes I think so - but double check, obv
2. I did the de facto thing a few years ago - you have to show a 'genuine & enduring relationship' for over a year. We submitted joint bank accounts, evidence of joint mortgage, photos from old holidays, a few letters we'd written each other, plus statements from a couple of friends. I'm sure you'll find lots more details and examples if you do a 'de facto evidence' search on here.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply,
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can. You will need to send proof of your marriage, such as a marriage certificate and if your wife changes her name on her passport she will need to send a certified copy of her new passport.
Regards
You need to show that you have been living together as a couple for at least 12 months. That includes proof that you share a home as a married couple would - shared mortgage or rent, joint bank accounts, bills, statements from family and friends stating you live together and are a couple, etc.

Do you actually live together now or are you simply engaged?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You need to show that you have been living together as a couple for at least 12 months. That includes proof that you share a home as a married couple would - shared mortgage or rent, joint bank accounts, bills, statements from family and friends stating you live together and are a couple, etc.

Do you actually live together now or are you simply engaged?
No we do not live together, but we are in relationship since 2006 and we have evidence for that,
We might get married in 3 or 4 months
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No we do not live together, but we are in relationship since 2006 and we have evidence for that,
We might get married in 3 or 4 months
If you do not live together than you are not in a defacto relationship and your girlfriend cannot be added as defacto. You add her as fiance.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you do not live together than you are not in a defacto relationship and your girlfriend cannot be added as defacto. You add her as fiance.
Then will she be elligible for visa, do they cosider her in my application ?
What sort of evidence shall be provided for this relationship?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Then will she be elligible for visa, do they cosider her in my application ?
What sort of evidence shall be provided for this relationship?
No she won't be eligible for a visa on the basis of your application, as she is not defacto. If you were married there would be no need to prove the 12 months cohabitation and it would be possible to add her.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No she won't be eligible for a visa on the basis of your application, as she is not defacto. If you were married there would be no need to prove the 12 months cohabitation and it would be possible to add her.
Can I add my girl friend as a de facto and submit certificate of marriage later ? I mean before CO is assigned
Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can I add my girl friend as a de facto and submit certificate of marriage later ? I mean before CO is assigned
No, you can add her as a fiance, and advise that you expect to marry soon. You cannot add her as a de facto without 12 months cohabitation.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:19 pm
Still alive

No, I already explained what a defacto is. You are not living together as a married couple, so you are not a defacto couple. She is your girlfriend. End of story. You put your marital status on the application as "engaged", add her details if it asks for them and when you are married add her as your wife.