Deeming dates from TRA!!!!!!!

Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

SarahJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Deeming dates from TRA!!!!!!!

This is only my second post so sorry if it doesn't make sense!! Heregoes...

My partner is NVQ 2 qualified spray polisher/furniture finisher. We did some checking and were told that level 2 and 4 years experience would be enough to get trades assesment.

He will havbe 4 years experience in his trade next august. We wondered whether we could get anything out of the way prior to applying with DIMIA and so spoke to TRA who said that as long as we say that we do not want to go to OZ until Aug next then they are able to give a deeming date for a future date (ie Aug 05). My question is has anyone else ever done it like this before and also if you receive a deeming date for a future time can you then apply for your visa with DIMIA??????

Thanks in advance for any posts even if it's to say that I talking a load of crap

Sarah
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:46 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Deeming dates from TRA!!!!!!!

]
Hi Sarah

I am no expert, but my understanding from our agent was you couldn't apply for a visa until 12 months after the deeming date from the TRA.

We are awaiting our tra, and are hoping that our deeming date is backdated. Hubby has 27 years experience. For example the deeming date is supposed to determine when they think you are qualified to do the job from.

I hope this has helped.

Others more informed will probably explain it better.

Regards

Julia
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

SarahJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your post Julia.

That does make sense albeit not nice to hear. I guess it gives us more time to save some money!

Thanks again

Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:12 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah,

Have a read here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#09

There is another way in which those with trade skills can approach the skills assessment process, and which can get around the deeming date issue, which involves a workplace assessment by an authorised assessor. However, it generally isn't a cheap option ... if you want details please contact me.

Best regards.

Originally posted by SarahJ

My partner is NVQ 2 qualified spray polisher/furniture finisher. We did some checking and were told that level 2 and 4 years experience would be enough to get trades assesment.

He will havbe 4 years experience in his trade next august. We wondered whether we could get anything out of the way prior to applying with DIMIA and so spoke to TRA who said that as long as we say that we do not want to go to OZ until Aug next then they are able to give a deeming date for a future date (ie Aug 05). My question is has anyone else ever done it like this before and also if you receive a deeming date for a future time can you then apply for your visa with DIMIA??????

Thanks in advance for any posts even if it's to say that I talking a load of crap

Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2004, 5:41 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SarahJ

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I haven't ever seen a TRA assessment with a future deeming date but they do sometimes issue conditional assessments and I suppose that could be one application of such an assessment, it being conditional on the person remaining in the trade.

Alan's point about obtaining a professional trade assessment by an Australian RTO is correct to the extent that an assessor could assess your husband as a professional tradesman now and that could become the deeming date, but afaik this would only lead to an assessment in one generic trade which might then have implications for your work experience points and would be the kiss of death for any MODL points. In your case, Sarah, this is pretty much irrelevant.

Glenn Newton ([email protected]) tells me he is no longer doing visa work and is concentrating on skills assessment and he is certainly the person to go to for a professional trade assessment. He looks much better after the operation and the fact that he can only hop on one foot means he should be easier to track down :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au