Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Deeming Date Issue Maybe of help to many???

Wikiposts

Deeming Date Issue Maybe of help to many???

Old Feb 1st 2003, 12:35 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deeming Date Issue Maybe of help to many???

Originally posted by Raj
I am a computer engineer and passed out in 1997 from india.
I hope you're ok now...
Old Feb 1st 2003, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
I hope you're ok now...
Ouch
Old Feb 1st 2003, 8:32 am
Khawar

Your case is not affected by the ACS post OCt 2002 guidelines; You r through.

Old Feb 1st 2003, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Khawar
Your case is not affected by the ACS post OCt 2002 guidelines; You r through.
Could you explain the reasoning behind this statement please?
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 1:35 am
Just Joined

amarshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Baloo,
I think Khawar is commenting for Raj and not Karma. This is what I think, but only Khawar can confirm.
Amar
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by amarshah
Hi Baloo,
I think Khawar is commenting for Raj and not Karma. This is what I think, but only Khawar can confirm.
Amar
Thanks Amar...
It's hard to tell when the post isn't quoted or the person referred to.
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Kamran Mansoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Food for thought

Well I would like to to address the issue categorically

Deeming Date: (forget points calculation for now)

1)Deeming Date was/is always present in RPL

2)Now Group B also contains date

3)Group A does not/should not contain any date(Post OCT1).

I have ACS’s comments on this matter .I cannot disclose it in public forums but can help if any one wants to get it via email [email protected].
Which clearly states how they deal with Standard skill assessment (Group A) as far the date issue is concerned

I have seen cases without date and some other friend posted his/her experiences

“Your case is not affected by the ACS post OCt 2002 guidelines; You r through.�

Well you also might have seen some cases of Group A but with date. I agree

Now both of us are correct and incorrect in regard to our experience.

This clearly show there is very inconsistency in ACS Assessment letters.

“Your case is not affected by the ACS post OCT1 2002 guidelines; Your through.�

Is it a mistake? If yes then there are too many case like this. It cannot be mistake.
Do the final observation and judgment of assessor follows any specific set of guide lines even for very broad level issue like Deeming date/Met requirement/inferral Date ? Or it can vary form person to person depending on his/her interpretation. Are the guidelines conveyed to assessors correctly.

Well my friends I doubt. Want to get some shock just email me

2)DIMIA and point calculation:-
Please read it carefully

If DIMIA was accepting pre-graduate experience before OCT1, then it should still as there was no change in the calculation methodology of DIMIA. It was just ACS who altered it guidelines. As DIMIA defines Work experience as

“paid/20 hour at least�

So if you satify it , have no date on your assessment letter and can make them belive it, then you can get 10 pts. The very obvious things are pay slips/Ref letter/ if possible Tax information (the ultimate proof).Even if any one faces failure the doors of MRT is open http://www.mrt.gov.au/, and database shows many WINS.

3) Pak/India Degree:-

“Pakistani and Indian bachelor's degrees are generally equivalent to an Aussie diploma. No amount of arguing can change what's in the CEP. Go take a look at it if you want to do some research. Again, not all degrees are treated as an Aussie degree, no matter what you think or how you feel about their prestige.�

Well I agree most of the non IT degrees are assessed equal to Diploma but I have seen many IT graduates getting equal to Aus Undergraduate in some cases their university is not even in CEP.

Since they established after 1991. But they are outstanding and applicants provided enough documentations, as keep this is mind CEP is not mandatory to follow , it is they generally follow but can seek guidance from the documents provided by you about one university. International /Asian Standing and collaboration. Vacancies occupied by their graduates both locally and internationally. It was shocking for me also but it is fact now. Can show you proof. As They listened to all the rubbish they provided and got convinced not just followed CEP only

Well I advise all Group A people not to get shy and contact them regarding all your queries and any discrepancy in your assessment, regardless of the general perception about deeming date as I have shocked you already and some other people in this and other threads.

The best is to contact Sarah Paul. I guess many specially Karma will be able to save his 10 Points.

In the end,
Most probably It will be my last post on this thread, But

From no where I am an agent nor I have any such intention, neither I want to proof any one about my knowledge or analytical capabilities. It is just a friend helping other friend , just for a good cause ,without greed of money or lust o fame.

IN short:-

Regarding DIMIA it is very Obvious , if in the pre OCT yes, then Post Oct Yes ,provided no date on letter. Other wise NO.

ACS:- Have already informed about some cases.

Thanks and have a wonderful day and night to all!

Kamaran Mansoor