Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Deduction of 2 years work experience by ACS

Deduction of 2 years work experience by ACS

Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:03 am
Just Joined

mkhalid is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Deduction of 2 years work experience by ACS

Plz find my application credentials as under.

EOI applied under Network & System Engineer (263111)
EOI approved on 18-Nov
ACS Assessment: 8 years
Education: Bachelor in Computer Science 2000 – 2002, Masters in IT 2007 - 2010
IELTS Score: Over All 6.5 (R:6, L:6, W:7, S:7)
Total Points: 60 (Age: 30, Exp: 15, Edu: 15)
Total Experience: 8 years (2005 - 2013)

I was access by ACS for 8 years experience in mid-2012, but now I come to know that as per new ACS guidelines they are deducting 2 years initial experience as a part of ‘Skill level Requirement MET’ criteria. Please tell if I lodge a VISA application, will DIAC reject my application on the basis that the total points are not met after the deduction of 2 years’ experience period.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 10:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deduction of 2 years work experience by ACS

Originally Posted by mkhalid

EOI approved on 18-Nov

I was access by ACS for 8 years experience in mid-2012, but now I come to know that as per new ACS guidelines they are deducting 2 years initial experience as a part of ‘Skill level Requirement MET’ criteria. Please tell if I lodge a VISA application, will DIAC reject my application on the basis that the total points are not met after the deduction of 2 years’ experience period.
Your question is probably better directed at a skilled MARA agent and quickly as you are rapidly running out of time
Old Jan 5th 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Plz assist
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Called DIBP and they told that they will consider full experience and will not deduct the experience. But on forums I am reading about people whose experience was deducted mainly by NSW state for 190 visa and some 189 visa also. Can anyone advise if this is applicable for 189 or 190. Does state has their own policy for skill assessment.
I have applied for 189 visa.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 3:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Called DIBP and they told that they will consider full experience and will not deduct the experience. But on forums I am reading about people whose experience was deducted mainly by NSW state for 190 visa and some 189 visa also. Can anyone advise if this is applicable for 189 or 190. Does state has their own policy for skill assessment.
I have applied for 189 visa.
The best advice I can give is ask an experienced MARA agent
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:00 am
Just Joined

blinkey is an unknown quantity at this point

EOI approved on 18-Nov

Hi

I have the same question, what is our latest for this?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 12:09 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blinkey
Hi

I have the same question, what is our latest for this?
OP hasn't been back since so there are no answers except the advice given, it's not usually a good idea to bump an old thread, even if you have the same question, many people will have unsubscribed from the thread and will not see you question. Much simpler, if there has been no result given in the thread, to start a completely new thread with your own question.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:59 am
Just Joined

linhtrung is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I am planning to apply for PR in Australia. In total I have 7+ Years of experience
outside Australia working as Developer

I had a degree and master both major in IT and few MCTS certs,

I just wanted to check with that if there is a clause by immigration department that
ACS will exclude 2 years of experience from my total 7+ years

Thanks,
Han
Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by linhtrung
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for PR in Australia. In total I have 7+ Years of experience
outside Australia working as Developer

I had a degree and master both major in IT and few MCTS certs,

I just wanted to check with that if there is a clause by immigration department that
ACS will exclude 2 years of experience from my total 7+ years

Thanks,
Han
Only skilled experience is awarded points - and to be deemed you need a combination of qualification and experience. ACS will give you a date they deem you skilled in line with their criteria, and experience after this date is accepted as skilled. The criteria is spelled out on the ACS site - how much experience you need depends on the qualification, occupation, etc and could be 2 years or could be more. The summary criteria is here - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf - but you should make yourself familiar with the ACS site
Old Jul 7th 2014, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your reply.

all of my studies were done from oversea.
does it mean at least ACS will exclude 2 years of experience of my exp ?

I will have 8 year exp on Sept...if ACS exclude 2 years of experience of my exp, I would rather do the skill assessment now as anyway I cant gain more point after Sept....

Again thanks for your help

Last edited by linhtrung; Jul 7th 2014 at 1:18 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by linhtrung
thanks for your reply.

all of my studies were done from oversea.
does it mean at least ACS will exclude 2 years of experience of my exp ?

I will have 8 year exp on Sept...if ACS exclude 2 years of experience of my exp, I would rather do the skill assessment now as anyway I cant gain more point after Sept....

ACS will make a deduction as you need experience to be deemed skilled - check the criteria for how many years experience you need but it will be at least 2 years
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:57 am
Just Joined