Dear all, Medicals problem

Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

reks is on a distinguished road
Default Dear all, Medicals problem

Hi all,

Just finished our medicals, and my hubby had BP problem, for which the doc advised a cardiologist report.. the report showed all was normal and he was healthy..

The panel doc said, there is no need to worry, and she said it is a cat a medicals.... but the BP mentioned on the report was 180/100..

report from cardiologist says all is normal, and patient is not hypertensive.

will this be a problem, please suggest..

Regards,
Reka
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:49 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: Dear all, Medicals problem

Originally Posted by reks
Hi all,

Just finished our medicals, and my hubby had BP problem, for which the doc advised a cardiologist report.. the report showed all was normal and he was healthy..

The panel doc said, there is no need to worry, and she said it is a cat a medicals.... but the BP mentioned on the report was 180/100..

report from cardiologist says all is normal, and patient is not hypertensive.

will this be a problem, please suggest..

Regards,
Reka
Hi Reks,

I'm no expert but as I understand it, high BP in itself is not a problem for the medicals - it just leads them to examine for the effects of high BP, hence the cardiologist report.

During our medicals, the doctor said that they expect higher BP readings due to the anxiety of the situation. A lot of people have raised BP during a medical; in the past, another doctor has referred to this as "white coat syndrome".

If he still ended up as 'cat A' then I'd suggest you stop worrying or your BP will go as high..!!

All the best,
RT.