Dealing with waiting...

Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Dealing with waiting...

So once you have lodged your application there is not much you can do besides wait and wait some more.
The waiting drives me crazy and the possibility of not getting the visa at the end of it all is not a good feeling.
Everyone goes through the same process so was just wondering how other people deal with it, everyone’s situation is different but I am sure we all have similar anxieties, maybe not as bad as mine though
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dealing with waiting...

I had comfort in knowing I wasn't the only one waiting, and there are many on here in the same boat.

I couldn't help but check my online status all the time though, even though I knew I was unlikely to get a CO 3 weeks after submitting!!

It's an anxious wait, but when you get the okay, it's such a good feeling!!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

Originally Posted by grantvt
So once you have lodged your application there is not much you can do besides wait and wait some more.
The waiting drives me crazy and the possibility of not getting the visa at the end of it all is not a good feeling.
Everyone goes through the same process so was just wondering how other people deal with it, everyone’s situation is different but I am sure we all have similar anxieties, maybe not as bad as mine though
I guess one should lodge the application and forget it till the CO drop you an email that you are ready to be processed. Same as one buy a lottery ticket and ...........................

Is there any other way?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough

I don't know how I deal with it. Mainly by not thinking about it I guess. I think 475'ers have the longest wait? We have been waiting 5 months now and not heard anything at all. No idea when we will hear anything either. That's the worst - not knowing how long to wait.

I have given up checking our online status regularly - no change just keeps making me depressed, lol. I do come on the forums a lot, mainly hoping to hear from someone who has just got their 475 so I can judge how long mine will be. Until then, we sit, wait and make no plans because it's impossible to second guess what will happen. Arrrgghhhh!!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xzibit
I had comfort in knowing I wasn't the only one waiting, and there are many on here in the same boat.

I couldn't help but check my online status all the time though, even though I knew I was unlikely to get a CO 3 weeks after submitting!!

It's an anxious wait, but when you get the okay, it's such a good feeling!!!
Thats true, everyone is in the same boat.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jo_marnes
I don't know how I deal with it. Mainly by not thinking about it I guess. I think 475'ers have the longest wait? We have been waiting 5 months now and not heard anything at all. No idea when we will hear anything either. That's the worst - not knowing how long to wait.

I have given up checking our online status regularly - no change just keeps making me depressed, lol. I do come on the forums a lot, mainly hoping to hear from someone who has just got their 475 so I can judge how long mine will be. Until then, we sit, wait and make no plans because it's impossible to second guess what will happen. Arrrgghhhh!!!
same here, dont want to make any plans. life is kind of on hold until something happens.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by grantvt
I have given myself time of 12 months and hope I will get through in this time frame, everyday I check how much percent time is left before I will migrate and reducing percentage with every gone day gives me strength and energy
Old Dec 13th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Great thinking ZeeAsh!
Just forgetting...............thinking of it as a lottery ticket.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

We're applying for a 176, are on the MODL list, straight forward application and have been waiting 9 months, so no, I don't necessarily think 475ers have the longest wait!!!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I try to think of it as 'good things come to those who wait'

I have various plans which include getting a better job and buying a house - and the PR is the precursor to it!

I've already starting looking around for other jobs and from talking to people it still looks good. Just need that PR....
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:03 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
I have given myself time of 12 months and hope I will get through in this time frame, everyday I check how much percent time is left before I will migrate and reducing percentage with every gone day gives me strength and energy
12 months is good time frame. I am waiting more than 10 months without CO.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Happy and Merry Christmas to all. Wish that we all will celebrate next Christmas in Australia
Regards
Sanjay
Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Happy and Merry Christmas to all. Wish that we all will celebrate next Christmas in Australia
Regards
Sanjay
Merry Christmas.... our last one in the UK!

NO LONGER WAITING! Our visa was our xmas pressie this year
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Merry Christmas.... our last one in the UK!

NO LONGER WAITING! Our visa was our xmas pressie this year
congrats!!
Merry Christmas