De Facto Visa Interview

Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Smashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking De Facto Visa Interview

Hey Guys!
New to the forum but absolutely loving all of the good info I'm getting. I'm migrating to OZ from Canada with my boyfriend who is an Aussie citizen on the basis of a de-facto relationship (I know this is a Brit forum, but I'm finding a lot of the info on here pertains to me as well!)

Just wondering if anyone has gone through the interview process and what all it involved? Does everyone get interviewed or do they only do it if they suspect something dodgy is going on? We have nothing to hide at all and wouldn't have a problem doing an interview, but just curious about it all. Thanks!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: De Facto Visa Interview

Originally Posted by Smashy
Hey Guys!
New to the forum but absolutely loving all of the good info I'm getting. I'm migrating to OZ from Canada with my boyfriend who is an Aussie citizen on the basis of a de-facto relationship (I know this is a Brit forum, but I'm finding a lot of the info on here pertains to me as well!)

Just wondering if anyone has gone through the interview process and what all it involved? Does everyone get interviewed or do they only do it if they suspect something dodgy is going on? We have nothing to hide at all and wouldn't have a problem doing an interview, but just curious about it all. Thanks!!

Hi
we are in a de-facto relationship and we didn't have to do a interview, we just sent off cert copys of our joint bills, bank accounts son's birth cert and stat decs done by us and 4 friends and family.

I know your in Canada but do they have immigration agents you can call and they can give you advice. I know here they they help you and its free.

Good luck

Tina x
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I worked in the spouse section of an Aus visa office for a while - they may telephone one of you or either of you - I have not worked in Canada but I am guessing that it's a very low risk area, therefore they may not even interview you - and if they do, it'll just be basic questions.

As long as your evidence as in order, mainly showing the 12 months + cohabitation, and social recognition i.e. photos of family and friends with you both + statements, it should hopefully be fine.

Good luck!

Nick
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:40 am
Just Joined

pixie_girl77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Smashy,
Have you gotten your visa yet? I'm Canadian and currently in Australia (on an ETA), and I WAS going to apply from down here, but now I'm not sure... We're heading back to Canada at the end of October and I'm wondering if it's quicker & less hassle to do it from there. Just wondering how long it took you to hear back etc... thanks )

p.s. and did you end up having to do an interview?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixie_girl77
Hi Smashy,
Have you gotten your visa yet? I'm Canadian and currently in Australia (on an ETA), and I WAS going to apply from down here, but now I'm not sure... We're heading back to Canada at the end of October and I'm wondering if it's quicker & less hassle to do it from there. Just wondering how long it took you to hear back etc... thanks )

p.s. and did you end up having to do an interview?
Its generally quicker to apply offshore