De Facto Visa

Old May 6th 2008, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Elizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto Visa

Hi there,
Hoping someone can help...?
My boyfriend is Australian and I am British. We met in the UK in May 2006 and lived together here from July 2006 until Oct 2007 when he had to return to Australia because his visa ended. I remained in the UK but we have kept in touch. I went to Australia at Xmas for 2 weeks and he visited for a 2 week holiday at the end of April. I now want to apply for a de facto visa to go to live with him in Australia. What are the chances given that it has now been over 6 months since we actually lived together but we have extensive proof of living together for 14 months until oct 2007, keeping in touch since his return to Australia and the 2 holidays. Will this be enough for a de facto visa?

Thank you.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:53 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: De Facto Visa

Duplicate
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534567
Old May 6th 2008, 7:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De Facto Visa

I'll delete the other one. Just be patient when asking for advice, people do have lives to live whether here or in the UK.

Providing you have proof of your relationship going back more than 12 months you will be fine. Just get all your proof together including flight tickets for both of you, photos copied onto sheets of paper, proof of cohabitation etc etc etc, get your stat decs from friends and family done and you should have no problem.