de-facto visa "over the counter"

Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:28 am
WBB

Default de-facto visa "over the counter"

hi all, was wondering if anybody knows if the information on the link below is still valid as regards to applying in person for a de facto visa over the counter, same day answer.

also has anyone used this method, how long did you have to wait for your appointment, would it be quicker to send it all in the mail?

www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=218

cheers for looking

Old Sep 14th 2003, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think - according to some people who've posted on here - that they have withdrawn the facility to get the visa over-the-counter, and you now have to apply by post. Also the Oz House website no longer has the details about how to request an appointment. If you search the forums going back about 2-3 months, I think theres some threads saying the service was stopped (I'd look myself, but I have to go to work tomorrow so ought to get some sleep really!)
Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: de-facto visa "over the counter"

Originally posted by welshboybilly
hi all, was wondering if anybody knows if the information on the link below is still valid as regards to applying in person for a de facto visa over the counter, same day answer.

also has anyone used this method, how long did you have to wait for your appointment, would it be quicker to send it all in the mail?

www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=218

cheers for looking
Hi Welshboy

This is part of an email I received from AHC in London:

"As you have already confirmed that your application is front end loaded
i.e. you have ALL of the required documentation, please note your
application is one that could possibly go to grant in the same day.
Therefore it would be far quicker for you to send your application to us by
mail. Applications lodged by mail are currently taking 28 days to assess.

The offer of partner appointments will soon be discontinued as we have
found that they do not benefit our clients as they take more of our time
than processing applications lodged by mail. However, as you have
requested one before we have actually discontinued the service I am quite
willing to offer you this appointment if you insist."

This was sent to me on the 11th August.

We had already booked an appointment prior to this, but the appointment was not until the 15th September. We decided to send the application in (including Passport) and it was returned to us 22 days after posting.

Hope this helps

Regards
Old Sep 15th 2003, 9:40 am
Just Joined

teeleeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: de-facto visa "over the counter"

Yep, I agree with Jaykay. I was given an appointment for 7 weeks. As the application was front-end loaded, I sent it and was returned within the month.

Save the money that you'd spend on getting to London AHC for the Champagne when the yellow envelope drops through your letterbox!!

Rich