De Facto Paperwork

Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Default De Facto Paperwork

Hi, I have searched so many pages now to try and find this info and I can't so I don't suppose someone could give me a run down on all the documentation I will need to get together to apply as a De Facto partner.

My boyfriend will be applying for a Skilled Visa and we are hoping to move to Queensland. We don't need to claim anything for my degree we don't think so I would just like to know what I will need for the defacto part eg how many statements from friends/family/neighbours to say how long we've been living together, how many bills in both our names and what else etc etc.

How can i find info on this kind of access as the only De facto info I can find on the immigration site talks only about if I was applying to go over with an Ozzy which i'm not?

Hope that makes sense and thanks for your help in advance

Nat
x
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:48 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: De Facto Paperwork

Hi,

We're doing the same. There doesn't seem to be any particular rules from what I can make out, as it depends on individual circumstances.

I think you should just get as much as possible - that way it's more likely to please a case officer. What you don't want to do is cut corners, only to have a case officer ask for more evidence and hold back the process.

How clear is your case?

For us, we have uploaded:
  • A statement from me, outlining how we meet and how the relationship developed. When we bought houses, when we've been holiday. I typed this up in Word and added as many photos as possible. Photos of us at each others graduation, on holiday etc...
  • Kate then added a comment to say that what I said was correct and signed it. It also helps that 4 of our holidays together were to Australia, and backed up by our matching ETA dates, plus photos of us on holiday in Australia.
  • A statement from Kate's mum and dad. Basically outlining the same as above, and detailing the time we spent with them in Australia. They are also our sponsors, so they added a bit about looking forward to us arriving and supporting us. This was signed and backed up with their Aus passport and citizenship details.
  • A statement from a friend of mine (or 'us', I suppose) from uni, who we both lived with in the final year. He also backed this up with his PR Visa details, as he is now in Perth.
  • Copies of our joint bank statements, something like the first 2 (we're sad and have all that kinda stuff), and the most recent 2.
  • Copies of our joint mortgage letters.
If that isn't enough - I'm not sure what would be! But it depends on how confident your are on the evidence you can get and how obvious it is.

You might not have any contacts in Australia, so any 'official' people in the UK would be a good start. Teachers, Doctors, Police etc... But if not, as many friends and family as you can get.

This is also a good point of reference:

You and your partner must each provide a statement or statutory declaration regarding the history of your relationship, including:
  • how, when and where you first met
  • how your relationship developed
  • when you decided to marry or to start a de facto spouse or interdependent relationship
  • your domestic arrangements (how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began)
  • any periods of separation (when and why the separation occurred, for how long and how you maintained your relationship during the period of separation)
  • your future plans.

In assessing a claimed interdependent relationship, the department usually looks at evidence of things such as:
  • living together full-time
  • sharing important financial and social commitments
  • setting up a household separately from other people
  • All relationships are different, so you should provide as much evidence as you can that you believe will support your claims.

From "Evidence of a Genuine and Continuing Relationship":
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...lationship.htm

I hope this helps. Cheers,
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice

That's brilliant - thanks!!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Simon, do you mean to say that you can now apply online for de facto visas?

Tim
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:12 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Hi Tim,

Sorry, no.

I am applying for a skilled migration visa (176), and Kate is listed as my defacto partner so gets to 'tag along'. Basically, she is covered under my visa, but gets PR all the same - no seperate application.

The same would apply to husband and wife, only they have a marriage certificate as well...

All the evidence I've reffered to is what we have uploaded along with my skills assessment and work experience info etc... to prove that we are in fact a couple...