Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

De facto application-has anyone had it denied?

De facto application-has anyone had it denied?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:05 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road
Default De facto application-has anyone had it denied?

I was just wondering...I keep reading all the motivating got-it posts but I never read about any cases where the application has been denied. Does it ever happen?

I will apply for mine on Friday...*fingers crossed*

Barbara
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De facto application-has anyone had it denied?

Originally Posted by Barbara_CH
I was just wondering...I keep reading all the motivating got-it posts but I never read about any cases where the application has been denied. Does it ever happen?

Barbara
I've been using this site for just under two years, and not seen one denied yet Barbara. The worst I've seen happen is requests for more info, but the visas have been granted after that.

Good luck
Polly
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:40 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Thanks for your info

Barbara
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks for your info

Barbara
There's an appeals website, states all the cases that have been turned down and the reasons why. I had a look at it once, the only cases that seem to have been turned down were from non-UK residents and usually because the relationship was for less than 12 months or there was a serious health reason.

You'll be fine
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Smudgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ya

I applied for a defacto visa having been with the missus for 6 years (only decided to go to aus after 5 years together) but as we didnt have the joint account , bills in joint names, didnt keep any docs, etc, etc I got a temp visa rather than a Perm visa.

The only difference is that I cant claim the dole ! so dont worry give it a go & be prepared to send in more docs

Good Luck

Smudgo
Old Oct 11th 2004, 2:55 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks for your info

Barbara

Hey - if you're in Brisbane, why dont you come out on Friday night with some of the girls??
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:01 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hey - if you're in Brisbane, why dont you come out on Friday night with some of the girls??

I will definately need a shitload of beers on Friday!! And meeting other girls sounds great. What's the plan? Where?

Barbara
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

I will definately need a shitload of beers on Friday!! And meeting other girls sounds great. What's the plan? Where?

Barbara

I think we'll be meeting at Gils in town about 7.30-8pm. I'm getting the train in, and I think Polly will be on the same one. Whereabouts are you? We've got people from North & Southside coming so we can arrange a meet for you somewhere beforehand to travel in with if you like!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:22 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

I live in New Farm, would catch the bus to the city. Could meet you at central station...or do you get off at roma street?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:39 am
part-time Visa Angel!

I live in New Farm, would catch the bus to the city. Could meet you at central station...or do you get off at roma street?

We can do that We'll get off at Central. The trains due to get in at 7.31pm. Will just have to check with Polly that shes okay to get that train in still, but I think that was the original plan.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:45 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

I will get back to you at the end of the week :-)
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:56 am
part-time Visa Angel!

I will get back to you at the end of the week :-)

Okay - think you should come out for a beer or two... especially since your defacto application is killing you
Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:20 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara

as long as you fit the criteria (in relationship for 12months, no health probs etc.) and have all of the evidence required for the visa class you are applying for you should have nothing to worry about.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Okay - think you should come out for a beer or two... especially since your defacto application is killing you
Well done Michelle, a new recruit!!! Yep, we'll get the same train as last time and meet you at Central, Barbara. You should certainly come along, a night out is good for anyone awaiting their visa!
Hope to see you there.....
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:34 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well done Michelle, a new recruit!!! Yep, we'll get the same train as last time and meet you at Central, Barbara. You should certainly come along, a night out is good for anyone awaiting their visa!
Hope to see you there.....
Yep, I am coming for sure! Can't wait to meet you two little helpers!

barbara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.