De Facto 14 wks in STILL nothing

Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:04 pm
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto 14 wks in STILL nothing

Just to keep you posted, we are nearly 14 wks since lodging application and we have still had nothing :-(
Am seriously considering writing to the commissioner of Aus House just to get some form of update or at least a case ref and officer.
What do you think?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future
Default Re: De Facto 14 wks in STILL nothing

I think you should have contacted someone before now. I only lodged my DEfacto visa application last tuesday and I got it back on Saturday. Contact them asap. You can pm me if you need to.

Last edited by smood; Feb 21st 2005 at 2:57 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by smood
I think you should have contacted someone before now. I only lodged my DEfacto visa application last tuesday and I got it back on Saturday. Contact them asap. You can pm me if you need to.
Lucky you :-) Have PM'd you.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You poor soul Marie, still in limbo? What is that agent of yours doing? He should be chasing it by now, thats what you pay him for.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

LC_GH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marie_m
Just to keep you posted, we are nearly 14 wks since lodging application and we have still had nothing :-(
Am seriously considering writing to the commissioner of Aus House just to get some form of update or at least a case ref and officer.
What do you think?
Poor you Marie - I can hardly believe it that you have still heard nothing - it seems so strange! ! !

My visa came through in 2 1/2 weeks & mine was referred to Aus because of category B medicals! Feel free to PM me.

I would definately try to get a case ref & officer as the minimum....

My thoughts are with you.....

Laura
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You poor soul Marie, still in limbo? What is that agent of yours doing? He should be chasing it by now, thats what you pay him for.
Hi Polly

Chased agent AGAIN this morning. He says that he has around 20 - 30 defacto visa's currently outstanding that don't have case ref and that have gone on longer than ours!! Anyway I told him I want it chased as it is now ridiculous, he has said that he will contact someone in AHC and see what response he gets. I have given him 24 hrs to contact me again.

I just want to go home with all my family with me, not alot to ask is it??
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by LC_GH
Poor you Marie - I can hardly believe it that you have still heard nothing - it seems so strange! ! !

My visa came through in 2 1/2 weeks & mine was referred to Aus because of category B medicals! Feel free to PM me.

I would definately try to get a case ref & officer as the minimum....

My thoughts are with you.....

Laura
Thanks Laura

Have PM'd you
Old Feb 27th 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by smood
5 days? Wow! We lodged ours (front loaded) last Tuesday too, but not heard anything yet. On the Aus timeline website I noticed people writing about getting their passports back. We only sent certified copies. When you get your visa do they ask you to send off your passport? Or should we have sent the actual passports? (We didn't, as we're on hols in 4 weeks and didn't want to risk not getting them back in time).

Sophie
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophie Louise
5 days? Wow! We lodged ours (front loaded) last Tuesday too, but not heard anything yet. On the Aus timeline website I noticed people writing about getting their passports back. We only sent certified copies. When you get your visa do they ask you to send off your passport? Or should we have sent the actual passports? (We didn't, as we're on hols in 4 weeks and didn't want to risk not getting them back in time).

Sophie
Yes, you will be asked for your passport when they grant the visa, because the visa is in the form of a sticker put onto a page in your passport.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you will be asked for your passport when they grant the visa, because the visa is in the form of a sticker put onto a page in your passport.
Thanks for that. Do you know what sort of turn around there normally is from being granted the visa (and asked for passport to put sticker in) and getting the passport back? We sent our de facto application off on 22/2, but we are on hols for 3 weeks from Good Friday, so we were hoping to get it sorted (ideally) before we go on holiday. I know there are no guarantees but I understand there's been a quick turn around (less than 5 days in some cases) on de facto visas...

Sophie