Database Administrator

Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

amir.khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Database Administrator

I am Database Administrator (262111), with over 6 years of experience.
I have appeared in IELTS exam and got (L-7, W-6.5, S-6.5, R-6).

My occupation comes in CSOL, and I have checked all states, only Victoria and NT requires Database Administrator. I can not apply for Victoria, it needs 7 band in each section. Whereas NT takes more than 30 weeks.

Is there any other category I can apply in ? My brother studied in Australia and living in Australia, and applied for PR. If he gets PR can he sponsor me in any other visa category ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 3:26 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Database Administrator

Originally Posted by amir.khan

My occupation comes in CSOL, and I have checked all states, only Victoria and NT requires Database Administrator. I can not apply for Victoria, it needs 7 band in each section. Whereas NT takes more than 30 weeks.

Is there any other category I can apply in ? My brother studied in Australia and living in Australia, and applied for PR. If he gets PR can he sponsor me in any other visa category ?

Thanks in advance.
You should be applying for the state you wish to live & work in, not for a quick sponsorship route. State sponsored places are like gold dust - they shouldn't be used just for a quick entry to Australia. They should be used by people who genuinely wish to live and work in a particular state. If your brother hasn't even been granted PR yet, then don't even think about sponsorship by him for quite some time. He'd need to be settled for two years before he could sponsor you.

Have you looked at the other jobs on the list & checked the responsibilities? Only you will be able to determine if your skills, experience and/or qualifications meet another occupation.

Why don't you get help from a qualified IELTS tutor if you are having problems achieving the requisite score? The British Council have plenty of information & resources that can be used in improving English language abilities. It's not like the skills wouldn't be useful in Australia, so you'd be doing yourself a favour anyway.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 7:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Database Administrator

Originally Posted by amir.khan

Thanks in advance.
I've just been reading a post by someone prepared to wait 16 YEARS to move to Aus - whats 30 weeks compared to that? If you want to move badly enough, learn patience