DAEADLOCK

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:26 am
Just Joined

antgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really nice
Smile DAEADLOCK

Hi All

My son Adam has a job and 457 offer with a promise of a RSMS application when he arrives and the employers are very keen and appear genuine.They just need him there soon. But Adam has been here before and does not want to give a good job up in the UK etc. on a promise.

I'm thinking what about 457 app and RSMS TOGETHER but one may cancel out the other and we will back to square one. Can anyome help please??
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DAEADLOCK

You can't get two visas, as you mentioned one would cancel the other out. However it's very normal to get RSMS after coming out on an 457 and if his future employer is agreeing to do this, then it's probably his best bet.

However, maybe he's now reconsidering the whole thing and isn't actually ready to up sticks and move over here so possibly staying in the job he's in and remaining in the UK would be the best bet for him. Whilst there is always the 'what if' thought, he's obviously young enough to maybe wait a few years and would be able to apply for another visa if and when he wants to move.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

antgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really niceantgerard is just really nice

Thanks moneypenny as I thought one would cancel the other. The employer wants him there soon aand thinks the 457 first is the way to go especially as the mantra 6 months for RSMS keeps being given out by DIAC. But can;t 457 take as long as RSMS anyway?? It appears so.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The cancelling out thing you refer to, is that generally if you have a visa and then at a later date another one is issued the first one is usually cancelled out. I don't think this is the problem in your son's case, if he gets the 457 first then he would want it to be replaced by the RSMS in due course, and if he were to get the RSMS first for any reason, then he would just withdraw the 457 application. So easily manageable.

Any reason he would go for a RSMS not a ENS? I believe the RSMS is a more protracted process as it involves state and employer, whereas ENS is just employer. If your son really does not want to give up a good job in the UK on an uncertainty, then IMO he should ask the employer to go for ENS (if possible). Of course the 457 may lead to PR eventually, but some of us don't like to take risks and I think that is fair enough.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bermuda

Thanks very much for your reply you may have solved the problem. The employer is in a region and wants to do an RSMS