custody consent from absent partner

Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: custody consent from absent partner

hey Julie,
Same old same old. I just sent a stat dec stating this. My little lads dad is on the birth certificate too. I sent them proof of solicitors letters and stuff. Pictures and that. If you know what I mean.

good luck hun
I hope this helps. I have been here nearly a year now so it shows that they do have a heart lol

hugs Lace xx
Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:05 pm
Vickymed

vickymed will become famous soon enough

Wow these replies have helped me too my daughter has just turned 16 and has not seen her dad since she was 3 and this part of it was also playing on my mind. So thanks for all the info given.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

As Lacey said, its really not a problem if the father has not had any contact and doesn't pay maintainence. You just have to do a stat dec, I did the same and here we are 6 months in
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

it's true Kelly and I hope your enjoying Brissy hun

I also asked the solicitor that I was dealing with to write a letter to give it more weight, the father hadn't been on the scene for years.

nearly a year in......

You'll get through it honest we have..

hugs lace xxx
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

loving the brissy sun thanks Lace, its bloody hot today! sitting with a cold beer in the garden :-)
It will be one of the only times in life when, as a mum, you turn round and are actually GRATEFUL to your childs biological father for being absent and never paying support! lol...makes life alot easier for migration purposes. Mine hadn't seen him in years then when he found out we were going (2 weeks before) he wanted to see them. Mine are old enough to make up their own minds and they didnt want to know, until his mum said he had presents for them so being the mercenarys that they are god love em, off they went, got their presents and left, never wanting to see him again. You gotta love kids eh?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol bless em!!! lol

Yep a lot easier when they bugger off.

Hot today here too. Just going into the pool with a cool one lol

enjoy the day

come on in ladies the water is fine

lace xx
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

sorry for sounding stupid but would it make a difference if the bio father is not named on the birth cert?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it is better if he is not on it. There is no one to contact then

good luck guys

lace xx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

hi all quick update on where i'm at with the whole custody document and consent thing.

1. Have done a thorough search now on the BE forum and have filtered the stuff that doesnt apply to me.
Praise be to the moderators!

2 I have compiled a list of things to take with me to the solicitors on Fri , detailing what will be rquired in my letter to DIMIA.

3. I have sent a query email to DIMIA and am waiting a response, but it appears that they will want me to provide info according to British Law so not expecting too much back from them.

4. I have got an appt with a family law solicitor on Fri morning. However I ahve had real difficulty finding one in my area who knows anything about this field.
This was the 3rd place I tried and they all openly said that they didnt knowwhat would be required

Am just going to take my stuff to solicitors and see what happens, unless anyone knows of a decent FAMILY LAW firm in the PRESTON area.

Will let you know how I get on
JUlie
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Julie
Wishing you the very best of luck mate, it will all come good
Kelly x
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
sorry for sounding stupid but would it make a difference if the bio father is not named on the birth cert?
If father not named then their permission is not sought as they have no legal rights for the child!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cowpeys
hi all quick update on where i'm at with the whole custody document and consent thing.

1. Have done a thorough search now on the BE forum and have filtered the stuff that doesnt apply to me.
Praise be to the moderators!

2 I have compiled a list of things to take with me to the solicitors on Fri , detailing what will be rquired in my letter to DIMIA.

3. I have sent a query email to DIMIA and am waiting a response, but it appears that they will want me to provide info according to British Law so not expecting too much back from them.

4. I have got an appt with a family law solicitor on Fri morning. However I ahve had real difficulty finding one in my area who knows anything about this field.
This was the 3rd place I tried and they all openly said that they didnt knowwhat would be required

Am just going to take my stuff to solicitors and see what happens, unless anyone knows of a decent FAMILY LAW firm in the PRESTON area.

Will let you know how I get on
JUlie
Hi

Just something to add to this, don't know your circumstances so don't know if it's applicable. If child has not seen father for xxx years and don't know where father is then why not go for adoption, doesn't take long and is fairly straight forward, costs less than £50 and sorts things out for once and all. Also makes things easier for child when they grow up as they don't have to dig out change of name deeds everytime they want to do something! Hope this helps you or anyone else

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Mar 19th 2007 at 1:32 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hi

Just something to add to this, don't know your circumstances so don't know if it's applicable. If child has not seen father for xxx years and don't know where father is then why not go for adoption, doesn't take long and is fairly straight forward, costs less than £50 and sorts things out for once and all. Also makes things easier for child when they grow up as they don't have to dig out change of name deeds everytime they want to do something! Hope this helps you or anyone else
thanks australia bound
did have a look at this and it takes several months and we are hoping to leave in Sept.
Julie
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

fatherdougalmaguire is an unknown quantity at this point

Our perspective on this.

Like the OP, we were asked for consent from bio father of my step son (I hate that phrase). Father is not named on birth cert. We did front load our application with an affidavit that is used when we are getting son's passport. It effectively says my OH is the sole parent of her son. Still and all, the CO came looking for consent from bio father.

My agent emailed the CO and brought it to their attention that there is no father on the birth cert and we provided an affidavit. He still pressed that we could supply him with a statutory declaration made by my OH saying that she doesn't know who the father is and doesn't know where he is. 10 mins in a solicitor's office and it was done. Everything (PCCs, meds and stat decl.) sent off yesterday.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Had appointment at solicitors this afternoon to get stat dec signed by ex hubby re the kiddies.
Whilst it was great knowing he is in full support of my plans it also felt strangely sad that he was willling to let his children go to the other side of the world! My heart actually hurt watching him walk away afterwards - he looked so sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.