Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Current waiting times for Teacher Assessment?

Current waiting times for Teacher Assessment?

Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Current waiting times for Teacher Assessment?

Hi

Anyone had their teacher assessments back? How long has it normally taken?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:51 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current waiting times for Teacher Assessment?

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

Anyone had their teacher assessments back? How long has it normally taken?
Hi, I sent mine 3 weeks ago to Teaching Australia, I believe 6-8 weeks is the norm.

Hope so, then visa in and house on the market about the same time

Cooler
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Hi, I sent mine 3 weeks ago to Teaching Australia, I believe 6-8 weeks is the norm.

Cooler
Where are you heading? Are you primary or secondary? Sending my TA this weekend.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Cooler
Have you heard anything yet cooler? I had my application acknowledged on Jan 5th...not heard anything since, so I'm hoping 'no news is good news' with respect to everything they require being in amongst the application...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:37 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone aware of what happens next? If my result from TA is positive, am I guaranteed to get a visa issued or? It's all a bit confuzzling isn't it?! (thats puzzling and confusing combined! lol)

Jen
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Is anyone aware of what happens next? If my result from TA is positive, am I guaranteed to get a visa issued or? It's all a bit confuzzling isn't it?! (thats puzzling and confusing combined! lol)

Jen
I dont think you are guaranteed although could be wrong
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by nbn8
I dont think you are guaranteed although could be wrong
K....it's all so confusing isn't it, at times....at least you've your house sold, that'd be a huge hurdle for me, once the market picks back up...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:58 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, sorry, was replying a while ago and SIL decided to go the laptop and close BE down Anyway, I am maths High School so hoping that should help to find work. We're heading to Adelaide as it seems to be our kinda place and OH also has family there which will help the transition.

We had the acknowledgement on the 16th Jan so a bit to go yet for us. We have nearly everything for the application, just need OH's uncle to send a copy of his birth certificate from Aus - he had to get his brother in NI to get him one as he left 30yrs ago

Where you going and do you teach to the acne kids or the tiny terrors?

Cooler
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, sorry, was replying a while ago and SIL decided to go the laptop and close BE down Anyway, I am maths High School so hoping that should help to find work. We're heading to Adelaide as it seems to be our kinda place and OH also has family there which will help the transition.

We had the acknowledgement on the 16th Jan so a bit to go yet for us. We have nearly everything for the application, just need OH's uncle to send a copy of his birth certificate from Aus - he had to get his brother in NI to get him one as he left 30yrs ago

Cooler
Hi teach ICT/Business to the acne kids - we are hopefully heading to Gold Coast area ish. I have just sent TA off today so hope everything is ok. Does it generally take 8 weeks. Just want to get the visa application off providing everything is ok that is.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Cooler
Tiny terrors...and do you know, I haven't totally decided where I'd go, maybe Perth, Sydney or Melbourne...

Are you being sponsored by family then to go over? And, as asked earlier, if a positive response is heard back from TA, does that necessarily guarantee a visa or does it just mean you've a better chance of being issued one?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:12 pm
Capt Hilts

Is anyone aware of what happens next? If my result from TA is positive, am I guaranteed to get a visa issued or? It's all a bit confuzzling isn't it?! (thats puzzling and confusf youing combined! lol)

Jen
No, that just passes your qualifications and you need that just to apply. Obviously if you pass the criteria and have the points you will get a visa but that may depend if your on the CSL - High School.

Half-term soon

Cooler
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

No, that just passes your qualifications and you need that just to apply. Obviously if you pass the criteria and have the points you will get a visa but that may depend if your on the CSL - High School.

Half-term soon

Cooler
CSL?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

CSL?
Critical Skills List?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:26 pm
Capt Hilts

Tiny terrors...and do you know, I haven't totally decided where I'd go, maybe Perth, Sydney or Melbourne...

Are you being sponsored by family then to go over? And, as asked earlier, if a positive response is heard back from TA, does that necessarily guarantee a visa or does it just mean you've a better chance of being issued one?
Little' uns

Only High School teacher is on the CSL so that would mean that you would need a state sponsorship (need to check individual states and areas) or sponsored by an employer (not sure schools normally do that). The problem is that if you are not; 1 State or employer sponsored, 2 on the CSL, 3 on the MODL then you're on the bottom rung for visa processing and no one knows how the recent directions will run. It maybe that 175's (if not on CSL or MODL) take a very long time. I'd speak to an agent and I believe that they are taking Primary in WA on their temp rural visa apps. Bear in mind that if a rural one, that can be a long, long way from Perth and WA is enormous. If I was single, I would have gone there for the experience but research them thoroughly!

Cooler
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:29 pm
Capt Hilts

CSL:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.