Current visa subclass 175 - can i apply?

Old May 24th 2012, 12:47 am
Just Joined

ivn490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Current visa subclass 175 - can i apply?

Hi,

Me and my wife are thinking of applying for Aus immi. We both have 6+ years exp in IT. I have read through the new skill select that is being launched on 1st July. We have both registered for our IELTS for 30th June. And we will be sending one of our docs to ACS for skills assessment.

My question is whether we can fill up an application for subclass 175 right now and submit it and then later add the IELTS score and the ACS assessment to that application? I am not sure if that is acceptable. The only reason why I would want to do this is because for the skill select scheme you need to get an invitation which seems to be tough because I would imagine there would be a lot of EOI's waiting to see who gets the invitation and also I would imagine the cap for IT (info tech) would be too small a number. We realized all this very late and are stuck at this point not knowing what can be done.

One my friends in Aus who has his PR now recommended I go through this forum as it gets the best attention. Hoping to hear something positive from here. An optimist.

Thank you.
Old May 24th 2012, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current visa subclass 175 - can i apply?

You need to have a positive skills assessment before you submit your application.

I think you can submit your IELTS result anytime before a decision on the visa application has been made, however that may be a risk if you don't get the required results in time x
Old May 24th 2012, 1:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivn490
Hi,

Me and my wife are thinking of applying for Aus immi. We both have 6+ years exp in IT. I have read through the new skill select that is being launched on 1st July. We have both registered for our IELTS for 30th June. And we will be sending one of our docs to ACS for skills assessment.

My question is whether we can fill up an application for subclass 175 right now and submit it and then later add the IELTS score and the ACS assessment to that application? I am not sure if that is acceptable. The only reason why I would want to do this is because for the skill select scheme you need to get an invitation which seems to be tough because I would imagine there would be a lot of EOI's waiting to see who gets the invitation and also I would imagine the cap for IT (info tech) would be too small a number. We realized all this very late and are stuck at this point not knowing what can be done.

One my friends in Aus who has his PR now recommended I go through this forum as it gets the best attention. Hoping to hear something positive from here. An optimist.

Thank you.
No you can't. They have to be submitted with the application.
Old May 24th 2012, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Looks like submitting an EOI on 1st of July is the only way out at this point.

Any suggestions regarding having the IELTS score and ACS assessment ready before submitting the EOI on 1st of July? Does it matter?

And on the EOI, can we submit one EOI for both of our profiles?

Thanks very much for your responses. Really appreciate.
Old May 24th 2012, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like submitting an EOI on 1st of July is the only way out at this point.

Any suggestions regarding having the IELTS score and ACS assessment ready before submitting the EOI on 1st of July? Does it matter?

And on the EOI, can we submit one EOI for both of our profiles?

Thanks very much for your responses. Really appreciate.
If you don't have IELTS / skills assessment then you don't have it. What advice are you looking for exactly?

Immigration is not being stopped, it is just a change of process which will apply to all applicants in a couple of months time. So I don't get this desperation to beat it, it will be normal process before long.

You are different applicants, I would have to assume different EOI.
Old May 24th 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Sorry if i sounded confusing. I will try again.

1. Do we need IELTS/ACS assessment in order to submit an EOI on/after 1st July?

2. As we would be applying together as a family, do we need to put separate EOI's?
Old May 24th 2012, 3:18 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if i sounded confusing. I will try again.

1. Do we need IELTS/ACS assessment in order to submit an EOI on/after 1st July?

2. As we would be applying together as a family, do we need to put separate EOI's?
1. yes

2. no
Old May 24th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

That makes it clear. Thank you very much.