CSL Case officer allocation?

Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default CSL Case officer allocation?

I applied in Feb this year as an accountant (MODL) but only a couple of weeks ago uploaded an IELTS exam result which moves me up into the CSL list. DIAC have been informed of my IELTS upload and today confirmed that I will now be on the CSL list.

however my question is...

Seeing as most other Feb 09 CSL applications already have case officers and even some March 09 CSL I've heard have now got case officers, does that mean I should be expecting to get a case officer in the next few days?

Or, do I now join the bottom of the CSL pile and can expect to get a case officer the same time as the Sep 09 CSL applications?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all
Default Re: CSL Case officer allocation?

If you are from a native English speaking country you should be fine.

else, DIAC wants you to have taken your English exam before date of application.

-scaria197
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
I applied in Feb this year as an accountant (MODL) but only a couple of weeks ago uploaded an IELTS exam result which moves me up into the CSL list. DIAC have been informed of my IELTS upload and today confirmed that I will now be on the CSL list.

Seeing as most other Feb 09 CSL applications already have case officers and even some March 09 CSL I've heard have now got case officers, does that mean I should be expecting to get a case officer in the next few days?

Or, do I now join the bottom of the CSL pile and can expect to get a case officer the same time as the Sep 09 CSL applications?
Luke,

No one knows the mysterious ways of assigning files to CO's. They said they will be processing CSL applicants in order of lodgment date. But strictly speaking you are on the CSL since September. So I can imagine that you are on the bottom of that priority pile. I hope for you that I am wrong and things go quicker tho.

@Scaria: Luke did only do IELTS to get priority processing for CSL, not to prove English ability as he holds an eligible passport.

Good luck,
Sylvia
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:04 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: CSL Case officer allocation?

Originally Posted by Luke Brown

you know it all ..... you will be with sept 09 CSL applicants... Good luck for u r CO allocation....
Old Sep 16th 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point

You can call them and check this yourself, I think you will be assigned CO as Feb. applicant on the CSL, very soon. good luck

Last edited by Dorothy; Sep 16th 2009 at 10:52 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Gillygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I'm in a similar situation to you but a March 08 applicant.
I had a CO in Nov last year but then became non-priority until I sent my IELTS results in Aug.
I rang DIAC yesterday to find out what the situation was - the woman told me that I had been 'un-allocated' from my CO when I became non-priority and was now waiting to be allocated again as I'm now on the CSL.
I asked how long I would have to wait and she told me it would be 'very soon' - I asked how long 'very soon' was and she said about 2 weeks.
So it may not be too long for you either.
Finger crossed.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Gillygirl,

In my experience the people on the phone are pretty accurate in two separate instances.

They told me I should have a Case Officer assigned in 4 weeks and I got one assigned in 3.5 weeks
I was told I should get a decision on my application in a week 9in "Final stages of consideration") and I got the approval in 4 days.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies!

It sounds like opinion is divided so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope to hear from a CO soon.

My gut feeling is that it's based on date of lodgement only in which case I should be next in line, rather than date that people get put onto the CSL list.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

shaz36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Luke,
I know of someone who was a Sept 08 applicant, accountant, and only did their IELTS in July this year. They were assigned a CO a few weeks after they submitted their IELTS result, so based on her, I would think you'd get a CO sooner rather than waiting til they get to Sept 09 applicants,

Good luck, they seem to be moving through the CSL fairly quickly now, I even read of some April CSL applicants getting CO's.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Dear All,

I have a small question regarding CO allocation in my case, i lodge for my VISA in June 2009. While i applied, my wife got preganant and delivery will be on March 2010. I sent the change of status(form 1022) to them. My concern is, if a CO is allocated to me before March 2010, CO will ask for medicals which i have to submit after child birth(after March 2010),so then my file will be on hold and lets say i submit medicals by May 2010, then will my file is processed soon or will i have to wait long time as i couldn't submit the medicals when CO requested ?

Replies are greatly appreciated.