Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CPV 143 Lodged Nov 2007 when will my parents be here?

CPV 143 Lodged Nov 2007 when will my parents be here?

Old May 25th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough
Default CPV 143 Lodged Nov 2007 when will my parents be here?

Hi All,

My husband and I are currently in the process to sponsor my parents visa to emigrate to Australia. They are applying under a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) and lodged on the 30th November 2007, we are getting very little information from their migration agents on a time frame or anything else. Does anyone know how long this visa is currently taking? If anyone can help by giving us some information so that we can make some plans that would be very reassuring. I read somewhere that this last 2007/2008 visa cap has been reached and therefore no more visas will be granted till after June 2008. How do we even know if we will be in the next years allocation?????

Please please help I am desperate for answers, its been 14 years since I lived in the same continent.

Thanks
Janine
Old May 25th 2008, 9:17 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CPV 143 Lodged Nov 2007 when will my parents be here?

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Hi All,

My husband and I are currently in the process to sponsor my parents visa to emigrate to Australia. They are applying under a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) and lodged on the 30th November 2007, we are getting very little information from their migration agents on a time frame or anything else. Does anyone know how long this visa is currently taking? If anyone can help by giving us some information so that we can make some plans that would be very reassuring. I read somewhere that this last 2007/2008 visa cap has been reached and therefore no more visas will be granted till after June 2008. How do we even know if we will be in the next years allocation?????

Please please help I am desperate for answers, its been 14 years since I lived in the same continent.

Thanks
Janine

Hi Ya
My parents are playing the waiting game for a CPV too. They applied June07 for a parent visa then changed to a CPV in Feb08. They have been told that as they applied originally in June07 they would get priority processing but they still haven't heard anything yet!
I know they are issuing more CPV's in next years quota so hopefully once the backlog of visa's have been granted in July things may start to move a bit quicker.
It used to be roughly 12-14 months for an issue but now its going to be a lot longer than that! Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear
Old May 26th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was just worried that they will miss 2008/2009 cap if there is a huge waiting list backed up already and we would have to wait a couple of years for them to get here. God I hate the waiting!!! Great news for your parents on being allowed to stay with the June 07 lodgement, good luck to you!

Thanks
Janine
Old May 26th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hello Janine

Check out 'the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread on here. There is a lot of useful information. As I understand it, the usual CPV quota, which is normally 3,500 for each year has been increased for next year (i.e. starting from 1st July) by another 3,000 visas so this should ease the queue a little.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was just worried that they will miss 2008/2009 cap if there is a huge waiting list backed up already and we would have to wait a couple of years for them to get here. God I hate the waiting!!! Great news for your parents on being allowed to stay with the June 07 lodgement, good luck to you!

Thanks
Janine
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

AustralianMaddy has a brilliant futureAustralianMaddy has a brilliant futureAustralianMaddy has a brilliant futureAustralianMaddy has a brilliant futureAustralianMaddy has a brilliant futureAustralianMaddy has a brilliant future

My Parents had applied for the CPV 143 Visa in Jan 2007 and are still waiting.
The 2nd VAC was paid in April 2008, but as they had run out of VISAs for 2007 we have been queued into 2008.

I'm not sure how long we will have to wait ....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:00 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AustralianMaddy
My Parents had applied for the CPV 143 Visa in Jan 2007 and are still waiting.
The 2nd VAC was paid in April 2008, but as they had run out of VISAs for 2007 we have been queued into 2008.

I'm not sure how long we will have to wait ....
my parents have just had their visa granted. it took them 20 months from start to finish, but that included a 7 month halt on the visa process when they ran out of visas

it normally takes about 9/10 months from ack until a case officer.

good luck, it is hard waiting.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thanks
Janine
hi, just want to pick your brains, we are applying for the cpv 173 (temp) and our docs are being lodged today by our agent, can you let me know the time scale if poss or what you yourselves have had experience of, we have already had to be patient and wait the two years for our daughter to have lived there, so we are really biting the bullet now!!
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:27 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

The "sparkly CPV" thread contains a lot of information specifically for the CPV applicants. We have a growing table of the timescales on the webpage shown below - if you would like your details added, do let me know. Our application was lodged in Nov 07 - we don't now expect to get a case officer before Nov 08.

Best of luck everyone.