Court Order for 16-18 y.o

Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Laney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Court Order for 16-18 y.o

Just wanted to know if anyone had gone to court to get permission to take their child out of the country but their child being between the ages of 16 and 18? The reason I ask is that my fiancee is going to get a court order but I was a bit worried about what the judge would say because she is 16. he may not grant it on the grounds that the daughter is 16 and old enough to make her own decisions in life.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:36 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Court Order for 16-18 y.o

Originally posted by Laney
Just wanted to know if anyone had gone to court to get permission to take their child out of the country but their child being between the ages of 16 and 18? The reason I ask is that my fiancee is going to get a court order but I was a bit worried about what the judge would say because she is 16. he may not grant it on the grounds that the daughter is 16 and old enough to make her own decisions in life.

Hi Laney,
I was lucky enough to get my daughters biological father to sign a statutory declaration, so didn't need to go to court. The worse case scenario of this as far I can see is that the judge may ask the child if they want to move to Australia.
Hope this helps there is probably someone on here who has been down this route and I'm sure they will post of their experiences.

Debbie