Could this be possible?

Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

BritishHopefulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could this be possible?

Hi. If I wanted to move to the Australian outback, and live there the same way as a bushman permanently (same as crocodile dundee), is that possible? I mean, what visa would I have to get to do that. Sounds stupid, but I wondered that for quite some time now lol. All help appreciated
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:13 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all
Default Re: Could this be possible?

Originally Posted by BritishHopefulExpat
Hi. If I wanted to move to the Australian outback, and live there the same way as a bushman permanently (same as crocodile dundee), is that possible? I mean, what visa would I have to get to do that. Sounds stupid, but I wondered that for quite some time now lol. All help appreciated
You will need the Dingo Visa...
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

If you want to move Permanently = You need Permanent visa
If you want to move Temporarily = You need Temporary visa

Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
If you want to move Permanently = You need Permanent visa
If you want to move Temporarily = You need Temporary visa

but isnt the only way to get permanant visa if you have a skilled occupation? i would be a lawyer, but if live in the outback like dundee i wouldnt have a job :L
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:16 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

but isnt the only way to get permanant visa if you have a skilled occupation? i would be a lawyer, but if live in the outback like dundee i wouldnt have a job :L
Why would you want to be a Lawyer, if you want to live in the outback.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
Why would you want to be a Lawyer, if you want to live in the outback.
if i moved to an australian city, id be a lawyer. but im saying if i lived in the outback (if its possible to do that on a PR visa) i wouldnt have a job, id just live there. hard to explain sorry lol
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

If you qualify for a permanent visa you can do what you like once you've got it. You can do your current job, you can start a new career or you can do nothing at all if that's what suits you.

The question is can you get in; if you are a lawyer now, I don't think it's actually that easy as I have a vague recollection at the back of my mind that you have to qualify to practice in Oz first - do a search, I know there have been a number of posts about lawyers emigrating.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I was right. Have a look here, page 17 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf.

There might also be some useful info on this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=solicitor

Looks like they make it unusually difficult for lawyers for some reason.....
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by louie
Looks like I was right. Have a look here, page 17 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf.

There might also be some useful info on this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=solicitor

Looks like they make it unusually difficult for lawyers for some reason.....
aw dam :/ new zealand seems nice too, if i moved there and got PR or equivalent, i could then go to australia. new zealand aren't too strict on their immigration laws from what ive heard. thanks for your help
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

aw dam :/ new zealand seems nice too, if i moved there and got PR or equivalent, i could then go to australia. new zealand aren't too strict on their immigration laws from what ive heard. thanks for your help
AS one of your previous posts says you are only 15, your best idea s to knuckle down to getting some good qualifications, and then work out if you still want to emigrate. A few years down the line all the laws could have changed, as could your own opinions of where you want to live.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Yeah you said it...sounds stupid.

Everyone knows Crocodile Dundee lives in LA.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:58 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Wow. I'm suprised a 15 year old actually knows who crocodile dundee is!!!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

if i moved to an australian city, id be a lawyer. but im saying if i lived in the outback (if its possible to do that on a PR visa) i wouldnt have a job, id just live there. hard to explain sorry lol
Ok, so how do you plan to feed and clothe and shelter yourself in the outback? Not easy to do without a job unless your father is Richard Branson or Bill Gates.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Hi

I have an 18 year old son who's been telling us that he wants to live in the wild. ( after seeing' into the wild' !)
I have been saying to him he should try and attach himself to an Aborinal tribe and learn from them. ( like standing on one leg for a long time and after he becomes an expert in all things survival , he could then run a business and in turn teach city slickers and people having a midlife crisis how to live in the bush/ outback. What he hasn't considered while dreaming is that the internet connections in the outback are very very slow, he'd have to go through serious withdrawal first!
Seriously though, why not???Where there is a will there is a way. Come on a holiday visa and overstay....once you finished your education of course !

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:05 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ok, so how do you plan to feed and clothe and shelter yourself in the outback? Not easy to do without a job unless your father is Richard Branson or Bill Gates.

He'll live off the land, hunt wild boar and custom design and tailor himself some crocodile and kangaroo skin tents and clothes.

Good luck op!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.