Could this get us to OZ

Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:16 am
MrA
Forum Regular

MrA is on a distinguished road
Question Could this get us to OZ

Would love to emigrate to Australia but am not qualified to do so,I would like a change of direction career wise anyway and am considering learning a trade.
Just wondered if i had any chance of a visa if i went ahead with this plan?
1)Do an intense CITY AND GUILDS "Intermediate Construction Award" in plastering.
2)Work towards an NVQ level 2 (LEVEL III DIPLOMA) whilst working alongside a friend.
3)Achieving the NVQ level 2 gaining a little experience in the process.
4)Working flat out for about a year, hopefully bringing me up to a decentish standard.
5)Find an employer in a regional area either by internet,phone or even in person who is willing to sponsor me on a RSMS visa.
I realise that in a relatively short space of time i will not be the worlds best plasterer,but if i negotiated a wage that reflected this,and also some regional areas may not have many skilled people willing to relocate to their area then there could be a LITTLE hope.
Just wondered what anybody thinks to this plan of action?
I'm 28 years of age with a young family all willing to make the move and give OZ 100% if I can somehow make the dream possible!!
Any opinions,facts or info regarding this plan will be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:05 am
Just Joined

SharonHall1205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Could this get us to OZ

Some friends of ours got their visa last year - and he had no qualifications (formal) in the job he was doing. He'd worked in his Father's garage as an Administrator for years.

He used an Agent who advised him to put together some sort of project and he got in that way.

Your best bet, is, because you've no trade as such, to talk with an Agent in order that they can advise you which road to take. If you just give one of them a ring, they will advise you and the phone call is free - it's when you start filling in the forms and them working on your behalf that they'll charge.

It might be worth you going thorugh an agent seeing as you will need a bit of help and guidance in order to get your visa.

Good luck!!!
Sharon
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:40 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrA
Would love to emigrate to Australia but am not qualified to do so,I would like a change of direction career wise anyway and am considering learning a trade.
Just wondered if i had any chance of a visa if i went ahead with this plan?
1)Do an intense CITY AND GUILDS "Intermediate Construction Award" in plastering.
2)Work towards an NVQ level 2 (LEVEL III DIPLOMA) whilst working alongside a friend.
3)Achieving the NVQ level 2 gaining a little experience in the process.
4)Working flat out for about a year, hopefully bringing me up to a decentish standard.
5)Find an employer in a regional area either by internet,phone or even in person who is willing to sponsor me on a RSMS visa.
I realise that in a relatively short space of time i will not be the worlds best plasterer,but if i negotiated a wage that reflected this,and also some regional areas may not have many skilled people willing to relocate to their area then there could be a LITTLE hope.
Just wondered what anybody thinks to this plan of action?
I'm 28 years of age with a young family all willing to make the move and give OZ 100% if I can somehow make the dream possible!!
Any opinions,facts or info regarding this plan will be greatly appreciated
Hi - think your best bet would be to contact an agent for an initial assessment, then go from there. A friend of ours has just been accepted on a college/university course for 2 years, so will be going out on a study visa, with the family. He has not been in his trade long enough and this is how they are going to go about it. This link might help http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=study. Good Luck.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:29 pm
MrA
Forum Regular

MrA is on a distinguished road

Cheers for the info
Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrA
Cheers for the info
I know we are on different paths so to speak. But I was one of the people who became qualified to be able to emigrate. With the sound advice of a couple of agents, who didnt charge me to advise at every step what i should do next...i became qualified and gained the work experience and then made the phone call again to the agent to say-right I have done everything you have said over the last few years - now what do I do??? and the reply came back - its time to put in your skills app... the elation of getting to that stage was immense and big relief.

Keep focused and you will get there. It will feel like a hard slog at times, but it will be worth it. We now hold a PR visa for a country we love and are flying out in June to live the final part of our dream. Just wanted to wish you good luck and say grab the opportunities that come along. Our unpaid, unsigned for agents who led us along the path were priceless. Our agent who we did sign up with for the app (they were two seperate agents) then got us through the app part was worth every penny too.

all the best and good luck with your journey.