Cost of a PR visa?? - confused

Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Annemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really nice
Question Cost of a PR visa?? - confused

Hi all, I'm just a little as to ow much a PR visa costs to apply for etc, I can't seem to get any infor about it at all. We are thinking of making the move in roughly 18 months time but we are just wondering how much money you need to actually get the ball rolling as we are starting to save his month. I will be a qualified nurse going on a skilled visa, I have heard that if you apply for PR straight away then you don't have to pay school fees, is this true??

Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Annie x
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of a PR visa?? - confused

Originally Posted by Annemarie24
Hi all, I'm just a little as to ow much a PR visa costs to apply for etc, I can't seem to get any infor about it at all. We are thinking of making the move in roughly 18 months time but we are just wondering how much money you need to actually get the ball rolling as we are starting to save his month. I will be a qualified nurse going on a skilled visa, I have heard that if you apply for PR straight away then you don't have to pay school fees, is this true??

Annie x
You said in a previous thread that you are a student and have 18 months left to finish your nursing degree. You will not be moving to Australia in 18 months on a PR visa if you don't finish uni until then. In order to qualify for a skilled visa you need to have work experience.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=1
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Does it require 4 years experience or is that a different one?
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Annemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really niceAnnemarie24 is just really nice

Yes that's right I will be qualified in 18 months but I know someone who got a job straight away as a newly qualified in oz. (don't know what visa she went on?) so we are considering both options at the min. The visa (457, I think) we were looking at states 12 months experience. But just can't seem to get any infor on costs of applying etc
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:55 am
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Arrow don't be

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

above is the link to the "schedule of fees and charges", and there's a wealth of information including different visa options on the parent webpage as well...

hope that answers your quest...
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Default Re: don't be

Originally Posted by chapkenv
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

above is the link to the "schedule of fees and charges", and there's a wealth of information including different visa options on the parent webpage as well...

hope that answers your quest...
Thank you
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Annie x
Yes that's right I will be qualified in 18 months but I know someone who got a job straight away as a newly qualified in oz. (don't know what visa she went on?) so we are considering both options at the min. The visa (457, I think) we were looking at states 12 months experience. But just can't seem to get any infor on costs of applying etc
A 457 is NOT a Permanent Resident (PR) visa. The 457 is a TEMPORARY visa to answer a temporary skill shortage. It does NOT lead to PR. The requirements for a 457 are very different to those for a PR visa. Check the http://www.immi.gov.au website to learn about the differences.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You will not get a PR visa without experience. Why dont you work for a year in UK and then apply. That way you have PR from the start, the 457 is a temporary visa.