Cost to New Sponsor is Switching 457

Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

aworldaway66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost to New Sponsor is Switching 457

I have tried the immigration website for the details of this, but there's so much knowledge on here, I bet someone here knows the answer to my question.

I am not sure things are going well with my current employer. I know I can change sponsor, to an eligible employer within 28 days of elaving my current one. I know I don't have to go through a whole new application.

But should I decide to seek a new 457 sponsor, would they have any large fees associated with taking on my visa?

From what I have read here and on the DIAC site, all I can gather is that I call DIAC, fill out a form and provided they are eligible, the new employer confirms they will take on the time left on my 457.

Just trying to see what my options are

Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost to New Sponsor is Switching 457

I don't know about the costs associated with taking the visa over, but this visa is not a very expensive one anyway. So even worst case scenario is not too bad, see link for costs.

If it were me and I were desperate to leave employer but stay in Australia, I would just offer to pay it myself should that be a sticking point.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-temporary.htm
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

aworldaway66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost to New Sponsor is Switching 457

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't know about the costs associated with taking the visa over, but this visa is not a very expensive one anyway. So even worst case scenario is not too bad, see link for costs.

If it were me and I were desperate to leave employer but stay in Australia, I would just offer to pay it myself should that be a sticking point.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i...-temporary.htm
Thank you so much! Sometimes when someone else just gives their view it's like "Of course! They speak sense! Why didn't I see that possibility?"